• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

still unstable after raising vcore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

st0rmshad0w

Registered
I don't know what's going on. athlon 1800xp+ @ 1916mhz (11.5x166)

vcore=1.75

cpu temperature under full load is 47c
mboard is 30c

cpu temperature idle is 44c
mboard is 28c

Yet when I play games, the computer reboots after about 45 minutes. What should I do? I have an AMD approved 350watt powersupply. Could the powersupply be the culprit? Or should I try a higher vcore voltage?

Any opinions welcome. Volcano 11 is on the way due to cpu heat increase.

Try

1. Rasing vcore a tad more, but watch ur temps there gettin high :(
2. Lowering Your Ram timings if there set high
3. Running Prime95 is much more efficient that playing game for a while, go ahead and run that and it will tell you if you have any errors

:)

If you suspect your psu check your voltage rails (3.3, 5 and 12v) for stability. If its a Tbred A however I think it is probably near its limits. Your overclock is pretty typical for this version with the cooling you are using.

It sounds like you're at your limit. Mine did the same thing when I went too high & generated errors in memtest. Take the FSB down a bit and see if it's stable.

Soy

well, when the volcano 11 comes, I'll try raising the vcore and keeping the mhz at 1916. IF it's still unstable, I guess I'll have to take the vcore back to stock and lower the fsb. I really hate to lower the fsb since I was finally using the full potential of my ram.
oh well.

Back