• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Traffic cone mod? bwahaha

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Father Rabbit

Registered
I have recently come into the possesion of a traffic cone. Not illegally, just don't ask ;) Anyway, I was thinking of making a case out of it, and was wondering if anyone knows if I can get a tiny mobo like the ones used in cappucino mini-pcs maybe. Also the biggest problem with this is the fact that it is completely made of rubber and therefore heat may be too great a foe. So if anyone thinks I should just scrap this problem or has better ideas, please, hit me.

yes it is made of rubber, however there is already a blow hole on the top and if the bottom has some clearence plenty of room for intake air

why though?

it's so ugly!

Though it'll provide for ample theft deterrent.

No one's gonna break into your house and steal a traffic cone! lol.

the mother board sizes is mini-itx and they are easly found on pricewatch.com from 90-200 depending what chip/options you want

You might want to go w/ a Shuttle mini-barebone instead, I know the SV25 is 7"x7", just a bit bigger than the Via boards, that'll give you some more power.

Here's a thought...stuff internals into the traffic cone, and make the outside into a bong :D That would be hot (well, cool, but you get the idea) ;)

I would just think of the air flow you can get over the mobo with that setup would be great, you would have to figure a way to mount the disk drives or would those be external?

Bad news, I had to replace the alternator on my car and it cost me a pretty penny, so this will have to wait. Keep the ideas coming though, as this is definitely going to be my next project.

I would think you might want to reinforce the inside somehow. Last time I checked cones were sort of flexible and that's not what you'd want.

I'm not entirely sure why I didn't think of that, rugbyroy, as you raise a good point. The cone is pretty flexible although I'm sure I could reinforce it with something...

Back