Forum Jump

woooooooooo ~~~!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 04-22-03, 07:38 PM Thread Starter   #1
deathstar13
FSB FRIEK

10 Year Badge

woooooooooo ~~~!

Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer. -HJS-
deathstar13 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 07:48 PM   #2
Ununquadium114
Disabled

Good luck finding an OS for it....
Ununquadium114 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 07:51 PM   #3
shan

socket 754? any mobo supports it?
shan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 08:16 PM Thread Starter   #4
deathstar13
FSB FRIEK

10 Year Badge

nf3 does and i saw a mobo on pricewatch they are taking preorders for from lynncomputers. mad expensive like $460 or something stupid.

but its funny amd actually has a cpu out for once before everything else.MS should have windows64 done soon tho.and i might be mistaken but the mobo i mentioned was a msi master which is a dually so you will want to order 2 opterons lol yeh right!

Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer. -HJS-
deathstar13 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 08:41 PM   #5
CrashOveride

Quote:
Originally posted by Ununquadium114
Good luck finding an OS for it....
i do believe it supports 32-bit as well just not quite as efficiently

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
AKA:supaiku
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
CrashOveride is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 09:10 PM   #6
Damian

Nah, it supports 32-bit efficiently; after all, not much was changed from the original Athlon. Clock for clock it's slightly faster than one too.

Newegg is wrong; the Opteron actually uses Socket 940. Socket 754 will be used for the upcoming Athlon 64s.

If you want a 64-bit OS, remember that there's always Linux.
Damian is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 09:24 PM   #7
CrashOveride

i didnt see any boards for the proc anywher on newegg... or did i miss them...

.....AIUHB0252@2300mhz.SP-97~Abit.NF7-S~512.RAM@fast.timings~9700Pro.w/.copper.HSF.~.2.monitors
.................................................. ..Windows XP because I have conditions
....Fold.for.[OC]FoldingNinjas!!!....You .would.be.amazed.at.what.a.group.of.intelegent.peo ple.can.overlook
...............................................All.blanket.statments.are.false|Nothing.is.absoloute.
............................Don't.Let.ThermalTake.Your.Money~|~Are.You.Into.Th at.Hacky.Stuff?
.................................................. ........Can.you.find.the.ninja.in.my.avatar?!?!
Old 04-22-03, 09:35 PM   #8
Damian

What's funny is that Newegg gives you discounts if you buy this proc with various S462-based boards... d'oh!
Damian is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 10:05 PM   #9
CrashOveride

Quote:
Originally posted by Damian
What's funny is that Newegg gives you discounts if you buy this proc with various S462-based boards... d'oh!

lol i didnt notice that.. that i kinda funny i guess its a good idea in a mean sorta way... people will prolly buyt one thinking that it is gonna work for it...maybe not though lol

Old 04-22-03, 10:28 PM   #10
Supertrucker
Way Too Jealous Member

10 Year Badge

even funnier is the cache amount of the chip

DT770pros(modmic) w/ Sound Blaster Z
Swiftech mcp 35x 120.4 Swiftech XP w/GT ap-14s
Supertrucker is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-22-03, 10:33 PM   #11
CrashOveride

Quote:
Originally posted by Supertrucker
even funnier is the cache amount of the chip
holy poo!!! thats a lot...maybe... unkown... lol... you would think they would releast that...

Old 04-23-03, 07:45 AM   #12
altec
polka dot ninja

$300 I wish i could afford to test one.

:argue: :bang head
altec is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-23-03, 07:49 AM   #13
Legend911

There have been windows 64bit XP edition betas out. I have one.

Old 04-23-03, 08:48 AM   #14
CrashOveride

Quote:
Originally posted by Legend911
There have been windows 64bit XP edition betas out. I have one.
but no proc to run it with?

Old 04-23-03, 08:53 AM   #15
Yuriman

Isnt the XP out now supposed to have 64bit support? Also, will windows2003 server have 64bit support? If so, im gonna get me one, as i have the 2003 beta. Also, the beta is available on the microsoft website, trying not to say anything illigal, someone pm'ed me that giving a link to it is illigal.

Last edited by Yuriman; 04-23-03 at 10:48 AM.
Yuriman is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > AMD CPUs
AMD CPUs