• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okkk :/ i need some help for someone :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
"can you help me set up netmeeting so I can netmeet with my home pc from work. at home I have a DLink DI-604 broadband router."

^^^^^ thats what i got in an e-mail, im assumingits from one of those internet BBoards, where ppl ask questions and what not, i must have posted at one a long time ago, anyway all I remember is that the thread was on ports, so im gussing if that router allows port forwarding that all hes gotta do for it to work right ?\

anyone know if port forwarding works on that router ? if so which ports does netmeeting need to run audio/video. thanks :)

I am not sure on the ports but yea, that will work, give me a few mins, i'll go start netmeeting with someone with a packet monitor on, should show the used ports. If you can't find them, just enable DMZ on the machine you want to use netmeeting with.

So far i got:

using local ports:

sending to ports:

SO I am guessing the 4400 range, or at least some of it, 4460-4500 maybe needs to be open, and as for the otehrs I can't tell. Maybe try a google search for any information.

From http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/it/netmeeting/ports.html

NetMeeting uses the following Internet Protocol (IP) ports:
Port Purpose
----------------------------------------------------
389 Internet Locator Server [Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)]
522 User Location Server (TCP)
1503 T.120 (TCP)
1720 H.323 call setup (TCP)
1731 Audio call control (TCP)
Dynamic H.323 call control (TCP)
Dynamic H.323 streaming [Realtime Transport Protocol (RTP) over User Datagram Protocol (UDP)]

To establish outbound NetMeeting connections through a firewall, the firewall must be configured to do the following:
**Pass through primary TCP connections on ports 522, 389, 1503, 1720 and 1731.

**Pass through secondary UDP connections on dynamically assigned ports (1024-65535).

Back