• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 3500EL only 430mhz??? ARGH HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdking

I thought this stuff could hit near 490mhz!! whats the deal lol
I got a nice new PSU and my rails look good. TTGI 520watt
I have a 2.4b C1 @ 3.45ghz 1.68v vcore
Even on timings of 7-3-3-2.5 my Memory wont do anything above 420mhz?!?!?!? I read everywhere everyone has good luck with this memory.
I tried Corsair 3200C2 also at relaxed timings and it stopped at same spot, I seem peeps reahng over 500mhz

My motherboard is Epox 4PEA+
does it have a FSB/Memory issue at high speeds??? with memory?

I even pushed the DIMM up to 2.9-3.0v wouldnt go any higher mhz on memory.

Well, any suggestions be welcome to git more outta the memory =)

Might it be a NB heat issue? I havent messed with its cooling at all...
THANKS

I have 3:3 and 4:5 as Memory ratio selections in BIOS.

Some mobos at 200FSB+ won't run the agp:pci at 66/33 at which point you have to use dividers to make sure they agp and pci run to spec. Try that.

Oh no! I hope it's a mobo problem and not RAM. I just ordered a pair of dual channel OCZ PC3500 EL today. Since the Corsair is hitting a wall at the same place, there must be a bottleneck somewhere other than the RAM (I hope).

I bought TWO sticks of the stiff at different times and BOTH stick were CRAP. For the record they were OCZ PC3500EL 512MB sticks. The first one did 410MHz with 2.8v and the crappiest timings in the world, and the second stick did 400MHz with the same crappy 2.5/3/3/7 timings and 2.8v. OCZ MAKES CRAP. This stuff is supposed to hit 433MHz out the box with CL2.. at these settings the RAM WOULD NOT EVEN BOOT. I complete wash. I spent 3 weeks trying to find a better stick of ram than my PC2700 twinmos and none of them would even perform at stock speeds, what a shame. I would only go with Corsair at this point, and Twinmos PC3200 with winbond chips.

Batboy, I hope you have better luck than I did...

yeah my mobo does lock the AGP and PCI at 66/33 any FSB.
Well, my Corsair 3200C2 I bought only did a bit better too =(
Oh well, guess Im stuck at 1:1 Ratio crappy memory 384mhz =( PFFT!

Overclocker456, I've read a couple other of your posts about the OCZ. I know some folks had bad luck with OCZ, but others had good luck. I'm not too worried about how fast the OCZ will go. Anyway, Ill be on the borderline with this new Canterwood sytem I'm putting together on whether I can use the 1:1 or 5:4 memory ratio. If the OCZ can't hang at DDR466 (which it probably won't) I'll just use the lower ratio and more aggresive timings. There's a guy on the Abit forum that has a pair of the "dual channel" PC3500 EL like I'm getting that hit DDR480, so who knows? Maybe I'll luck out since the "dual channel" stuff is hand picked and tested. Sometime this summer better RAM will be released. I can't wait for the DDR500 stuff to show up.

Last edited:
batboy said:
Overclocker456, I've read a couple other of your posts about the OCZ. I know some folks had bad luck with OCZ, but others had good luck. I'm not too worried about how fast the OCZ will go. Anyway, Ill be on the borderline with this new Canterwood sytem I'm putting together on whether I can use the 1:1 or 5:4 memory ratio. If the OCZ can't hang at DDR466 (which it probably won't) I'll just use the lower ratio and more aggresive timings. There's a guy on the Abit forum that has a pair of the "dual channel" PC3500 EL like I'm getting that hit DDR480, so who knows? Maybe I'll luck out since the "dual channel" stuff is hand picked and tested. Sometime this summer better RAM will be released. I can't wait for the DDR500 stuff to show up.

I hope so too.. good luck.

I have RAM "hitting wall" problems too. Can you believe it? My Mushkin PC3200 with heat spreader is not working at the promised speed of 400MHz DDR. Mushkin people later said that craps were designed to run 400MHz DDR @ 2.5 - 4 - 4 -7 @ 2.5V.
OMG !!!!! No wonder that craps max out at 380MHz DDR @ CL2 setting even with 2.9V.

AMD King, have you try higher voltage? I think EPOX mobo can give up to 3.3V VMEM?

asw7576 said:
I have RAM "hitting wall" problems too. Can you believe it? My Mushkin PC3200 with heat spreader is not working at the promised speed of 400MHz DDR. Mushkin people later said that craps were designed to run 400MHz DDR @ 2.5 - 4 - 4 -7 @ 2.5V.
OMG !!!!! No wonder that craps max out at 380MHz DDR @ CL2 setting even with 2.9V.

AMD King, have you try higher voltage? I think EPOX mobo can give up to 3.3V VMEM?

As long as it can run at it's advertised speed then you can't complain...

damn my ram can run at ddr400 with cas2-3-3-6 2.7v,too bad i cant test if it can go higher cause of my gay cpu and 1.725 vcore at only 150fsb :mad:

Ec]-[oMaN said:
damn my ram can run at ddr400 with cas2-3-3-6 2.7v,too bad i cant test if it can go higher cause of my gay cpu and 1.725 vcore at only 150fsb :mad:

Ha.... Ha.... Ha... gay cpu? should meet my friend: gay mushkin pc3200.

yeh, most the claims are at "optimum" conditions... , 1 stick of ram on a 845pe @2.9v with the moon and sun lining up just right..Unfortunately the biggest problem is the design of ddr memory is reaching its physical limits. The difference between the 3 or 4 fastest memorymakers is pretty small..

yeah so um wont 3.2v FRY my memory? lol
I think I tried 3.1v once upon a time on the memory and still couldnt get any higher =(

Back