• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

guess whos back??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

well, i just got a new 1.8a c1 COSTA RICA.:D
SL6LA
3243A498
it does 185 on default, and im at 190fsb right now, with 1.66 volts at load. im very happy.:cool:
543.JPG

what happend to ur old one? where are u finding these dells?
40c load on a water setup??? that is not much better then my slk900u
is that about the temps for most water rigs?

AZN said:
what happend to ur old one? where are u finding these dells?
40c load on a water setup??? that is not much better then my slk900u
is that about the temps for most water rigs?
sold it to bignuttz for $200. and a 1.8moble c1 chip.;) then i bought a 2.4 from pham, and it sucked. my buddie had a dell, and i pulled the chip, and replaced it with a $50. 2 gig celly. cooling is not great, but its warming up around thes parts.:( oc'ers night mare, summer. im throwing alot of voltage at it, thats why its kinda high. o well, ill take water over air any day. load at 185fsb was only like 36'. i may invest in a pelt, very soon.:cool:

what are your temps?? 50' plus is way to hot for me.

your just getting those nice 1.8 C1's everywhere..

pulled a 1.8 C1 out of a dell, but mine was a phili, so it sucked alot. :(

jdmcnudgent said:
sold it to bignuttz for $200. and a 1.8moble c1 chip.;) then i bought a 2.4 from pham, and it sucked. my buddie had a dell, and i pulled the chip, and replaced it with a $50. 2 gig celly. cooling is not great, but its warming up around thes parts.:( oc'ers night mare, summer. im throwing alot of voltage at it, thats why its kinda high. o well, ill take water over air any day. load at 185fsb was only like 36'. i may invest in a pelt, very soon.:cool:

what are your temps?? 50' plus is way to hot for me.
azn's temps at 3.4ghz are 44 load on his slk900

here is the proof at 1.6v in bios of asus and as u know cuzz u got the same board that it OVERVOLTS like a MOFO!!!
1.6v bios is more like 1.68v idle and about 1.6v load.
here are the results with a 92mm fan at 2600rpm on a SLK-900u while idling (sort of while surfing and pic editing) and load with folding running.
as u can see my MB temps pretty much stay at 32c cuzz it is getting warming from spring. today was the hotest day this year so far. when its cooler my board stays about 29c. usally 27-32c is my board. prime 95 my temps are about 44-45c load.
and no i did not trick u, I dont have my PC outside the house or a big house fan on it. its just sitting right next to me in a aluminun chieftec case.

1c over MB temp for idle is dam good for a HSF.
this is the chip im selling the week7. I would use my week6 but i have not changed it yet. and also my week 6 chip seems to run cooler then this one. so ii will get u pics tomorrow if u dont believe me. at 190fsb.

just curios JD, what is that fan u got running 6500rpm?

load.jpg

idle.jpg

Last edited:
if u look real close at my clock on teh bottom right u will see i took a screen shot after 8 mins of idling and I let it prime for 30 mins and took a shot while at prime load. MB temp is still the same.

prime95.jpg

SLK-900u with a 92mm fan is a dam good combo. I would not hesitate to compare this HS with any other out there.

now it is time for me to shut down and take this chip out cuzz it will be shipped to a new owner tomorrow. BRB in 5 mins.

AZN

Back