• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

wow i place where people can talk about video games cool i don't have any of the new systems all i got is a PSX NES SEGA Genisis and a N64but my favorite is my NES thats the best of the best if u ask me i got super mario3 and super mario/duck hunt

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS

There are a lot of conversations about console gaming but the majority of threads here are about pc gaming. The big games right now here are Counter Strike, Unreal 2k3, Battlefield 1942, and a lot of others.

As for the best game for the NES its got to be Legend of Zelda.

illwillchill said:
As for the best game for the NES its got to be Legend of Zelda.

i loved the original zelda, none of the new one's can come close to it. same goes for the original Metal Gear, i spent many sleepless nights playing those two :)

the only newer system i have is PS2 and that's only because my DVD player went out on me the same week GT3 (Gran Tourismo 3, not Grand Theft Auto 3) was released, it was either $250 for a DVD player or $340 for a PS2 and GT3.

i have a few PS2 games that i haven't even played yet, my PC keeps me on a tight leash :p

DOH! almost forgot... WELCOME TO THE FORUM TRA_luke9511! :D

lol...I havent seen my PS2 or Xbox for months...cant remember who I lent the Xbox to last, and my PS2 is serving double duty as a DVD player for an ex of mine who just had brain surgery...

and since I just laid out some coin for a new comp, its PC games all the way baby!

heh, welcome to the forums from another n00b, lol...

well i play some pc games but i can't play any of the new pc games cause i have a comp with a AMD K6 233MHZ cpu but i do play jedi knight dark forces2 not jedi outcast and i play starwars x-wing vs tie fighter and x-wing alliance i did play XvT and XWA on the msn gaming zone but the zone is going to get rid of them both and just to let u know TRA stands for The Rebel Alliance its a club that plays XvT and XWA there are other clubs that play a lot of game i would give the link to where u can check it out but i don't want to cause i don't know if i can or not so but if u do want the link just e-mail me or whatever well bye for now cya

haha *sigh* zelda :) I've played/beaten them all, but atm im working on the legend of zelda for gameboy advance, ive beaten it before on snes and GBA, but im bored. :)

haha *sigh* zelda :) I've played/beaten them all, but atm im working on the legend of zelda for gameboy advance, ive beaten it before on snes and GBA, but im bored. :)

TRA_luke9511 said:
well i play some pc games but i can't play any of the new pc games cause i have a comp with a AMD K6 233MHZ cpu but i do play jedi knight dark forces2 not jedi outcast and i play starwars x-wing vs tie fighter and x-wing alliance i did play XvT and XWA on the msn gaming zone but the zone is going to get rid of them both and just to let u know TRA stands for The Rebel Alliance its a club that plays XvT and XWA there are other clubs that play a lot of game i would give the link to where u can check it out but i don't want to cause i don't know if i can or not so but if u do want the link just e-mail me or whatever well bye for now cya

This is just a suggestion, not to be mean or anythihng. In the future use periods and other puncuation or just press enter to separate your thoughts out a little bit because it is difficult to read your posts.

we were discussing the nes in another thread the other day, but it was in the programming section, so i dont think many people saw it. Anyways, nes was the jam. besides all the obvious classics that make up a humongous list, id like to mention rygar and guerilla warfare. does anyone remember these two?

on a totally unrelated note...... illwillchill, ive been enjoying your avatar selection as of late. keep em comin.;) oh and i am officially declaring you my arch enemy when it comes to folding. you always seem to be one step ahead of me.:D

Last edited:
welcome dude

has for consoles the only thing that i had can't be really called a console, was a fancy Spectrum 128K +2, all the rest have been just on emulator basis, which btw, i'm kinda addicted (how's the forum rules related to emu gaming? are there any problems?)

WELCOME AND HAVE A NICE STAY.

esau said:
on a totally unrelated note...... illwillchill, ive been enjoying your avatar selection as of late. keep em comin.;) oh and i am officially declaring you my arch enemy when it comes to folding. you always seem to be one step ahead of me.:D

You got two processors going... CHEATER!!!!! j/k ;)

btw anyone curious about what were talking about click the Natalie sig below to find out

illwillchill said:

You got two processors going... CHEATER!!!!! j/k ;)

actually, i got 3 going. my two main rigs which you are talking about and then a friends G3 which still hasnt finished its first WU, lol.:p there is something fishy about that G3, i need to look into it.

in that case i must be a ubber cheater since i'm using 14pcs atm for runnig seti (+5 brand new 2200+ will be running it when they'll get built, wich is gonna be pretty soon)

DDR-PIII said:

The 2 for GBC, I've been playing on GBA and they remind me a lot of the first Zelda.

The one you are talking about is A Link to the Past that was for SNES right?

I beat that one many moons ago and it was great!

i should of mentioned this before. everyone should check out the NESkimos. they are a band that does nes cover songs. surf around their site, these guys are hilarious. here is where you can get some of their songs. i believe you can get some more of their songs off of mp3.com .

there is also a band called the minibosses (the arch rivals of the NESkimos) who are decent. they have a crapload of songs for you to download on their site. but according to the NESkimos website, "baby jesus doesn't want the minibosses. baby jesus wants the NESkimos.":p

there are many other bands as well, but these are the two that stand out imo.

NESkimos zelda theme is nice, true to the original! they should consider trying to get their music added to the next zelda or something

edit:

contra (base) is also nice, downloaded all their stuff so far.
musik37.gif

Last edited:
Back