• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xace

How do you guys feel about Koolance water cooled cases? Is the equiptment good, or is it junk? Does it work well? People with Koolance watercooled comps, could you tell me your idle/load temps

With ambient temps at 78F my idle temps 86F I saw it go up to 109F under load once so I cleaned my rad (it was filthy) and they went right back down to 93F. Execpt for that once I have never seen the temps higher than 95F. I'm using the Koolance PC2-C with the CPU-200G block in the system in my sig.

You can get a better performing setup if you build it yourself for alot less. I was considering the koolance stuff when I got my watercooling gear but went the other route and I could not be happier.

depends on the system you want...
i have seen sytems on here that were made for ~100 bucks, others range up to a grand or more.
good mid-range rigs can definatly be had for $200

well im looking for a new case and if im gonna get a case, might as well get watercooling. do the koolance watercoolers preform well?

I myself am looking at a Koolance, esp with Infotechnow offering a deal on the 200G CPU cooler when you buy one of the two cases. I also happen to be fond of white :) so I get a break because I like an unpopular color. score.

But I do have some Q's for you Koolance users out there.

1) Whats the size are the pre-fitted fan holes in the rear of the case? 80mm or 90mm? And is the Intake fan hole in the front a 120mm?

2) What issues are there with Koolance cases needing water additives? I know some homemade systems arent totally air-tight, and experience problems similar to an aquarium. Do I need to buy Anti-rust, Anti-Algae, or other agents? Any suggestions on a more thermally efficient coolant than what Koolance provides?

3) any problems with the tiny hoses. I notice that koolance supports 8mm hoses, which is tiny. Can you increase the hose size whout better brackets and not worry about the pumps being able to handle it?

4) Movement. Is the reservoir sealed effectivly? are the componants mounted securely to the case chasis itself? I move around a lot, and while I dont turn my PC on its side very often, I dont want to have to worry about the componants flopping around on me and leaking.

Thanks for your time

Koolance also advertises in said compter mags... :)

Nothing personally against Koolance. Most of what you see here on the forums is true overkill, and Koolance fills a nitch with people who are just fed up with noisy air coolling but don't want hassel of buying a blow-torch or loosing a limb.

So, yeah, get a Koolance. You'll get chided in the forums, but at least your computer will be quieter than with Air.

Please be aware, though, that it's addicting. In no time flat, you'll be dremmeling things, knowing the sizes of heater cores in your friends cars (or worse yet, wondering if you can get by without heat in your OWN car), buying things at home depot that aren't for your home, trying to find 3000 grit sand paper, memorizing the thermal conductivity of numerous metalic ellements, get on JB Weld's Christmas Card list, try running your fans at NEGATIVE voltage to get NEGATIVE dB noise (hey, they're Sound Suckers!), have at least one key chain of a melted CPU, and have to wear sunglasses because of all your cold cathod tubes. It WILL happen.

Enjoy the addiction, but wear safety goggles.

I think if you are new to watercooling, than a koolance case would be the way to go.

Firstly, they are quiet and economical. If you want to expand, there are additional components which you can by made by Koolance which you can add to the loop. Its well set up, and easy to use.

So if you are looking for an easy to use & set up watercooling case that is quiet and efficient, go with Koolance.

Gimmick

Tubulence over the CPU core is good, turbulence in hosing is not

You want the least flow resistance possible in the system; since the Tt aquarius has thin tubing that kinks easily the workaround is ghetto springs

Quite frankly, they'd be better on the OUTSIDE of the tubing..... but dangerous...

1) Whats the size are the pre-fitted fan holes in the rear of the case? 80mm or 90mm? And is the Intake fan hole in the front a 120mm?

2) What issues are there with Koolance cases needing water additives? I know some homemade systems arent totally air-tight, and experience problems similar to an aquarium. Do I need to buy Anti-rust, Anti-Algae, or other agents? Any suggestions on a more thermally efficient coolant than what Koolance provides?

3) any problems with the tiny hoses. I notice that koolance supports 8mm hoses, which is tiny. Can you increase the hose size whout better brackets and not worry about the pumps being able to handle it?

4) Movement. Is the reservoir sealed effectivly? are the componants mounted securely to the case chasis itself? I move around a lot, and while I dont turn my PC on its side very often, I dont want to have to worry about the componants flopping around on me and leaking.

I just bought my Koolance from Infotechnow about 2 weeks ago. Great price and fast shipping. This is my first attempt at water cooling so I'll answer what I know so far about the system.

1) Both holes in the back are fitted with the standard blue Antec 80mm brackets. There are no provisions for mounting any intake fans. You'll have to mod that yourself.

2) Koolance provides the exact amount of mixture needed for their setups. Everything is mixed to the right proportions so you don't have to worry about it. They even added UV dye to it which looks awesome.

3) I don't know much about hoses but everything is fitted precisely. If you wanted to go bigger, I would assume you would need to change the entire setup unless they make adapters for the fittings.

4) Moving the case around is not a problem. In fact, you have to turn the case up-side down to fill the reservoir. All the components are secured and and well placed.

The Koolance is NOT the best system out there but it is a good system for someone that has never set up a water cooling rig and want to learn before doing their own complete mod. It performs well if your not a serious over clocker. Yes you can overclock with but you can only expect to get the same results you would normally get with a good HSF. My SLK-900u and 90mm Tornado kept my CPU cooler than the Koolance but it was MUCH louder. I'm happy to trade a little heat for the peace and quiet the Koolance gives me. :)

Back