• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check this out... (pic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RBX

Registered
I removed this baby from a MkII Vauxhall astra/opel kadett D

77.jpg

Any ideas on how to sort the hoses out. Thought of puttin 1/2" barbs going vertically up by cuttin all but a half inch of the old pipe off but I reckon there may be a better way.

Size is 7"x7"x2"

first off.. how the heck did you get it out of the car it looks like you attacked it with a lump hammer!!...

anyway.. just get a dremel.. (small circular saw) and cut the existing barbs off and weld (or stick with some kind of metal glue) new barbs on..

if the babrs on there wern't so battered you'd probably just be able to use them and strech the pipes over them...

guess what io am in the same boat as u man. one of my friends is really into cars. i told him that if he ever comes across a heatercore that doesn't need anymore i take it so that i could make myself a watercooling rig. well not more then two days later he comes over with one for me from his 1970 dodge challenger. it is a tad bit big but it will work good i will post a pic later tonight. where can i get new barbs, from dans? what good friends i have, yeah!!!

here is my heatercore, how should i go about cleaning it? pressure washer? i will pant the rim part so that it looks good, anything i need to do to make it work for a watercooling setup, or just toss a few fans on it get proper barbs and i ready to go?
Natesheatercore.jpg

you can lean up HC really well by soaking them overnight in coke, i know it sounds weird but it works :D, just make sure you clean it out afterwords, ie with hot water or something, and you should not have any issues.

I reckon, like jdmcnudgent said, cut them right off, and weld something on, or try mayby sticken something in there and wedging out the dents, not to sure though, because that's pretty banged up

Needed a hammer and a very large chisel like screwdriver to get the last hose off, it was well difficult!

I have to say that the toilet isn't that bad but being a crazy guy of a student i can get away with it :D

Going off to the plumbers today to get some barbs.

Back