• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7000-cu WOW, am I impressed !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lyle

This beast of a cooler has really impressed me, for its quietness and its performance. It equals the performance of an SLK800/36cfm TMD fan combination, and it's much quieter. I say chuck the fanmate, it's so quiet with the fan running at its highest setting, why lower the rpm's? Just plug that sucker direct into a fan header.

In informal testing, I've noticed no appreciable difference in temps either at idle or under load on my P4 2.0@3400. Damn, but that thing is big and heavy. To boot, the build and finish quality is first-rate, on par with Alpha and Thermalright, also just as expensive. Well, this thing is staying in my box, but only until something better comes along.

I have the cnps6000 on my socket a right now and it really does a good job at cooling. Also I have a second 90 mm fan mounted on the fan bracket blowing directly on the Radeon 9700 PRO to keep it nice and cool. works great.

Back