• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Soyo 6ba+100 and PIII 1GHz's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spydc

Registered
I currently have a Soyo 6ba+100 (bx chipset) motherboard. I think the highest multiplier I've seen in the bios is 8x. Anyway, I just recently discovered that Intel makes Slot 1 PIII 1GHz chips at (100MHz fsb). Will this work correctly on my soyo? Thanks.

Intel locks the multiplier so even though it may not appear in your BIOS it will still have no choice but to accept it.

You should have no problems with it.

It will work. I ...err...HAD one on a 6BA+100 up until a few weeks ago. The board went bad on me. And I could not find another one. So I got an Asus P3V4X. Not happy with it. Unstable and the PIII will only run at 1120mhz on it. It ran 1170 on the SOYO using an Alpha 3125 HS/Fans. Now I am seriously thinking about selling the P3V4X and PIII 1ghz [yes, it is the Slot 1 10x100 version,cC0 stepping]. You probably already noticed they are quite a bit more expensive than the 133mhz FSB versions cuz they quit making them.... just like the 6BA+100. Any interest in the P3V4X or PIII let me know I'll make someone a good deal on em....

Back