• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 400MHz memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaze

Registered
If I can't overclock, I'd like to put the best PC3200 memory modules onto my ASUS P4C800. It can use ECC, which would certainly be a plus.
So far the best memory I have found is either:

a) Geil Ultra low latency dual channel kit (2X512) PC3200DC.

· Hand Picked 5ns GeIL Chips
· Enhanced SPD for Dual Channel DDR motherboards
· Tin Coated Platinum Copper Heat Spreader with Fashion- Designed Retail box
· Lifetime Warranty
· 6 Layer Ultra Low Noise Shielded PCB
· 184pin High Performance DDR module
· 32x8 Low Density, Un-buffered
· CAS 2 6-3-3 1T Running @ DDR400Mhz PC3200
· 2.5v-2.9V

b) Corsair TWINX-3200LLPT Matched pair of 2X512

· Speed 400 MHz
· Organization 2 x 64M x 64
· CAS Latency 2-2-2-6-T1
· Lifetime Warranty
· 184pin High Performance DDR module

I'm not exactly sure what all these specs mean, but I know these to be superior modules.
Would anyone have some suggestions? What about PC3500 or PC3700?
Money is (almost) no object!
-Jaze

i would say the corsair most definitely

i had some bad experieces with geil...not that its bad..it just doesn't overclock well....and isn't all that stable at 200fbs...i think the corsair is ur best bet...and worth the extra few bucks

Geil is pretty good RAM. Very stable as well....provided you don't overclock. Personally, I run Mushkin (2x256) pc3200 and it is awsome. Better than my freind's Corsair XMS.

I have that exact set of Corsair and it has been very good. Should be able to run pretty aggressive timings, i.e. 2-2-2-5, at 200fsb and it takes the voltage abuse well.

I am going to echo everyone else here and say of the two you have selected, Corsair is your safest bet.

Other than that, I would look *strongly* at TwinMOS or Mushkin....:eek:

Back