• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finaly got my new 17" LCD yeah baybay!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhobMX

w00000000000000t!!!!

this Hitachi CML174 lcd is tha ****nit, a true gamers lcd guys... dont hessitate to get it if you love your eyes and have the $... its not that much expensive anymore ;)

take a look... its a pic of the lcd at home showing a girls pic (the one im after hehehe ;) )

PIC

Very nice. I love my 17" Hyundai Image Quest L70A. Game on it all the time and don't see ghosting on any games.

that is a damn nice looking lcd.
plus youll love that fic too!

im also gonna bet mexico only lets the ugly girls out of the country and you keep the fine ones for yourselves,not very fair man :p

lol deathstar, not all girls around here are ugly, you would soak your pants with some... but yes its tough to get the good ones... and im doing well with this one, both intelligent and pretty woot :cool:

PhobMX said:
not to mention such a huge desktop at 1280x1024 is wonderfol :D

Huge? :confused: No, that's a minimum. Normal for me
is 1600x1200. Unfortunately it will be a while before
flat panels this size are cheap enough. :(
Until then I'll keep my CRTs and only use my flat panels
for simple stuff.

phob i think you missunderstood me. mexico keeps the pretty ones and exports the ugly ones :D

soon someone will get offended so sorry in advance.

lol, np deathstar, i didnt get offended i just read fast...

i believe the money and the loss on fps are worth the money since my eyes dont have any strain anymore, its like looking at a book the whole time.

Tecumseh, if you live in a world where 640x480 is still used, 800x600 is standard and only a few of us have the priviledge to use 1024x768 as a desktop resolution without eyestrain... 1280x1024 is like a 6 stars hotel ;)... desktop is big enough for me

i use 1280x1024 and that's the max my monitor goes :(
.20 dot pitch though go samsung!

i dont remember the dot pitch of my monitor, but it aint noticeable at all half a meter from the screen, pretty neat picture :D

~.26

17"=~374mm

Monitor has a 5:4 ratio. Using basic arithmetic:
W=~338mm
H= ~270mm

Now, the native resolution of each dimension.
W=1280
H=1024

Because of the nature of LCDs, the native resolution is the actual number of pixels. Precise and exact.

To find pixel pitch, divide the dimension by resolution.
W pixel pitch=338/1280
H pixel pitch=270/1024

Using that formula you could figure out either the screen or pixel pitch given the resolution. Usually Desktop LCDs of the same size all have the same pixel pitch. It's very rare to find one finer due to cost competitiveness to CRTs.

In addition, LCD and CRT pixel pitches are not comparable. First off, CRT pitches are not square. They're not quite as clear either. LCD pitches, even though they're "bigger" will always look betterdue to their nature.

That is pretty nice, I'm starting to get used to all the LCDs I use at work, I'm in a training class right now that I have to sit at one for 10 hours a day, and it doesn't really strain my eyes too bad..

Was looking at the LCDs that Dell has to offer, unfortunately my Dell employee discount only goes for complete systems :/

I got my 174s about a week ago and I can't imagine how I survived without it for so long. Hooking it up with my old 19" MAG in a dual monitor config. really shows the differences. It is SO much clearer, the colors are so much richer, and the strain on my eyes is GONE. I've been typing a paper for my senior pre-law seminar all day and my eyes don't hurt. with the MAG I would have a nasty headache.

Some may say that it is too much money for a 17", but I did several comparisons before purchasing the Hitachi, and the differences were obvious enough to me to be worth the extra $. I could of had a Dell 1800fp for considerably less, but the response time really is night and day.

Now I just need to save for a second one :D

dumpa said:
Too much money for 17"...

you are right if it was the same size as a 17" crt, but the format of lcds is bigger so this 17" lcd is almost as big as a 19" crt... pretty big and taking care of my eyes is well worth the money

Back