• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Just got a HAIR LINE scratch on my new LCD MONITOR!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

isogamer

Hi there, i have a Asus vg248qe which i got about last week. I was working on my desktop pc earlier today and i removed the side panel which slipped outta my hands and landed on my LCD monitor. The last time i ever put my LCD monitor right beside my desktop PC while i am working on it!

Anyways i ended up with a hair line scratch, WHICH isn't to noticeable when i play games or watch movies, BUT when i go to windows explore or anything that deals with bright white backgrounds you do notice it. I read online that coco butter, Vaseline to which i both try with not any serious results. I read that rubber eraser might work? Just wanted to know if anyone else faced similar situation as me? And if it is fixable? Below is the pic of the damage. Its pretty small and i hope its fixable? IMAG0133.jpg IMAG0133.jpg

I would get a new monitor and sell that one.

Well kinda a broke student here, and can't afford to lose money by selling this monitor and then buying another one. There has to be a fix for something this minor.. cause it is very very small.. but i do see the scratch when ever there is a white background.

It is not repairable. You'll always see it on a light backround no matter what you do.

Try guitar wax. Works on CDs. Nothing is going to completely remove it but by filling in the gap with something of similar clarity you can at least reduce how noticable it is.

Back