• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any solution to optical mouse issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FishDog3

When I move my mouse (MS Intelemouse Optical) a good distance, say 9-10", at a fairly fast speed, like if you were playing a game and tried to turn around 180 degrees quickly, the mouse kind of freaks out.

It moves like 15 degrees than starts moving back and forth, up and down, in kind of a wobbely non-responsive fassion. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if anyone knows of a way to reduce or eliminate it.

I am running Winxp Pro, latest drivers, everglide mousing surface, through the USB (but I have noticed the same issue through ps/2)

Even optical mice go bad now and then. I bought an MS Intellimouse optical and it went bad in a week. I also have two other MS Intellimice that have lasted for several years. Go figure.

return it :D or contact microsoft for an RMA, i had the same prob, just returned it to wal-mart

Back