• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T32 EOC WIR 18Dec20: TL:DR New challange at the bottom. Stay healthy all.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I’ve been out of touch for a bit here but you know that I can’t stay away from you guys for long. I’ve been jones’n for my foldin’ crew. I think that’s how the kids say it. (ED: Even I know that’s not how the kids talk.)

One of the great things about folding at home (A.K.A. FAH, F@H.) is that they started to include COVID in the calculations that we do. I’d like to think that our work has helped the world on that particular endeavor. I wouldn’t know. I’m too focused at the lower levels of it all.

COVID has been creeping closer and closer to me and my family. One guy at work had it and recovered. Another guy, a kid in my eye. His Dad got it and passed away this week. What makes my co-worker mad is that his Dad and that side of the family were all COVID skeptics. It was a constant bone of contention for him and his Dad. What gets at me is that this 25 year old lost a Dad who was younger than me. As a Dad and Granddad, I’m saddened deeply by his loss.

Look. COVID is not a political issue. It’s not. COVID does not care if you are far right, far left or anywhere on the scale. It’s a virus and has not a care in the world other than to reproduce. Much like myself as a young paratrooper in my 20’s. Unlike my 20 year old self, COVID has been successful in reproduction. I don’t care what your leanings are, don’t deny the power of the virus. Don’t fall prey to conspiracies. Protect yourself and those you love. Even if we all disagree on political issues, the important part is that we stay healthy so that we can fight for the ideals we believe in.

Stay healthy and keep folding.

Team Conquest/Threat List

PC Games Hardware4.4 months up from 4.3 months.
SLAC1.3 years up from 1.2 years.
Element AI1.6 years down from 2.5 years.
Team AnandTech2.6 years down from something that was more.
Heise Falter 3.0 years up from 2.4 years.
Yes we still have teams chasing us down. Yes this is something new for us that came along with COVID. More importantly, yes we are making every team fight for our world ranking spot. Many have tried to knock us down and so far, only one has succeeded. For example, Element AI Inc only started in March. Presently, they have one active member earning close to 410 million ppd. I have a very strong feeling that once the world returns to normal, and it will, that the power they have brought forth will be re-allocated to something that makes them more $$$. I’m not being cynical here, just pragmatic. Many of these teams are only here because they have the horsepower to spare from their normal projects and Stanford has a cause.

Active folders and ranking:
Active FoldersRankingAve PPD
This week9971st 1.81 million.
2 weeks ago10868th 1.57 million.
5 weeks ago9975th 1.72 million.
7 weeks ago9876th 1.48 million.
8 weeks ago10176th 1.48 million.
10 weeks ago10374th 1.59 million.
11 weeks ago10979th 1.36 million.
12 weeks ago9979th 1.34 million.
13 weeks ago9878th 1.27 million.
My sporadic updates really show in this table. It will probably be like this for some months going forward. Stay with me guys.

We are down on active folders which is something I’d like to see change. If you’re not involved: Why not? It’s a team sport that requires individual effort. It’s a perfect group activity for anyone who is anti-social. Feeling alone but don’t like people? Join us in folding. You can be a part of something great with no social requirements.

Just a thought.

Top 20 PPD:
1HayesK22.41 million.
2P4EE15.13 million.
3WhitehawkEQ12.69 million.
4torin310.77 million.
5JrClocker8.17 million.
6orion4567.74 million.
7OrbitalCat7.61 million.
8dfonda6.40 million.
9Computekinc6.15 million.
10Maviryk5.96 million.
11superducky5.73 million.
12TC4.85 million.
13BigBlockk3.71 million.
14aviationfrk3.54 million.
15DarkWarrior3.54 million.
16OSUmaxx3.18 million.
17don256us3.15 million.
18zspaldin2.97 million.
19Travis4Sutton2.86 million.
20harlam3572.85 million.
21Mark6202.72 million.
22ottoaxel2.19 million.
23JLK03F1502.17 million.
24darkknight1872.13 million.
25hshtick2.09 million.
26payj942.02 million.
27Dark Bishop1.48 million.
28davekusa1.41 million.
29gulp35 1.34 million.
30Griff1.38 million.
31Pitter981.29 million.
32deeppow1.26 million.
33AVG1.13 million.
34IAmMoen1.07 million.
35DesertFlower231.06 million.
Of note, we are down active folders but we are up with folders earning 1 million ppd plus. I am always excited to see people retain their 1 million + ppd status, saddened when they drop out and happy when they return. Very nice to see. Thank you.

Some of you are finding that a very small change in ppd has a big impact on your team standing. That’s just how close the competition is within our ranks. Have one bad update and you slip a few spots. This creates a great opportunity to combat boredom by giving challenge to someone who is near you on ppd.

Goode someone on. Make them earn that spot above you. Have some fun with it. Make a “gentleman’s” bet over it. ($0). Taunt each other. Note: If you taunt them twice, it’s not a taunt taunt. (Think Star Wars?) (ED: NO!…. No. Don’t think Star Wars. That was bad at all levels.)

T32 Top 100 or (Page 1):

Moving up 2 spots each:
DarkWarrior @ #23
DeserFlower23 @ #66
Pitter98 @ #78
AVG @ #84

Moving up 1 spot each:
aviationfrk @ #18
Maviryk @ #20. The top 20. Nicely done sir.
BigBlockk @ #38
OrbitalCat @ #40
Mark620 @ #50. Into the top 50. WOOT!
payj94 @ #58
darkknight187 @ #76
Zerileous @ #81
NiteSmoker @ #94

World Top 200:
Times are especially tough on these guys since Stanford started including COVID into the mix. Cheers guys.

HayesK#35Moving up 1 spot!
Macaholic #46Someone has to know who Mac is IRL. Can you reach out and let us know how he’s doing?
WhitehawkEQ#60
HayesK#76
P4EE#91
orion456#126
torin3#129HOLY COW!.... torin is just at the right spot to keep moving up and up and up and….
JrClocker#139
RamonetB#147
RoXQI3x#153
These guys have made some great movement only to have to give some of it back. It wouldn’t be the same if it were easy. These guys have been hard charging for a long time. They’ve earned their world standings.

The new year is coming and we’ve been issued a great challenge. Can we get the top 20 ppd to averate 2 million? Can we? I think it’s a great challenge. Let’s see if we can boost ourselves with this nice bit of a fun puzzle.

Build, Borg, Recruit. :borg: :comp:
If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.
It’s not how much you fold but if you fold.
If you fold, then you’re my friend.
Keep your stick on the ice.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.
Everything is within walking distance…. if you have the time.
SEND IT!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Where ever we go that's where we will be.

Please provide another cliché here.
Until next week…

Last edited:
Depending on how some work goes next week I might be switching all the workstations over to FaH for the break ... currently sitting at #102 and looking to break into the top 100!

Depends how long some calculations for work take ...

I was just looking at the top 20. Have we met the challenge already? Did I missread what the challenge is supposed to be? I'm sure I goofed something up here. We can't possible be that good can we? Well.. I mean... yes we are that good but I still think that I messed up something here.

Back