• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jruthe4292

Registered
I am having problems getting my computer to recoginize my cdrw. I am wanting to use a cdrom and cdrw, but when I hook them both up the computer wont recoginize the cdrw. I tried different configurations as in slave, primary and so on. I am usin windows xp pro.

thanks for the help.

A few specs would be nice is this a Compaq or what ? Which brand of cdrw aswell as mobo and other specs that might be relevant.Does it only see it as a cdrom or doesnt see it at all? Help us help you.

I have a FIC AN17 Motherboard & Verbatim 52x24x52 cd rw.
It will recognize the cdrw by itself, but when I put the cdrom in with it, it wont recognize the cdrw. I have set the cdrom as the master and the cdrw as the slave, also switched that around. They are connected on one cable also. Any ideals?

Thanks for the help

If you can, try putting the CD on the other IDE channel as a slave, and the CDRW as Master on the other. Move a HD if you need to.

Back