• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce2 specific PSU's??...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoonieRat

I don't know about ALL nForce2 mobo's but my Abit NF7S rev2.0 runs the CPU off of the +12volt rail instead of the 'traditional' +5v rail. Where does this leave people when choosing a new PSU? A good PSU was always determined by the +5volt output (+5V & +3.5V combined), now that the +5volt rail is'nt critical, or even hardly used, what is the PSU with the best +12volt rail? I know that Antec have a dedicated +12volt rail, not shared/tied to the +5volt rail like most other manufacturers, and that the Antec has voltage monitoring/correction for the +12volt rail as well...

What other PSU manufacturers/models have simular specs?...

Well the Antec TrueControl 550 lets you adjust the volatges for all three rails...Sparkel/Fortron make really nice power supply's...Looks like the picture at newegg has the standard 20pin ATX connector and the four pin P-4 connector on the motherboard like the Soltek nforce2 motherboards...If that is the case then any ATX power supply with the P-4 and 20pin connectors will work...No nforce2 "specific" power supply is out there that I know of anyway...;)

Well, in a couple of weeks I'm grabbing myself an Aopen nf2 board with a dedicated 12v connector - will see if the Channel Well 420 can power it, but I'm sure it will. If not, the 530 Fortron is my next target ;)

I have a TTGI 520W PSU and I really like it. It has two internal pots to adjust the rails, one controls the 3.3V rail and the other controls both 5V and 12V rails. At stock settings the rails run at 5.05 and 11.85, I just haven't felt like pulling it apart to up the pot.

Soltek nForce2 boards are the bomb...And yes a 400watt Fortron/Sparkle are brutes...Antec True or Control 550's aint bad either...;)

Back