• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

partion and HD problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

Ok, so i got myself 2x 80 gig WD SE drives. I think one just went out on me because this was the first time i had ever gotten a BSOD on win XP pro. Now when i try to boot with it , it either restarts in the middle of the boot, or just puts it in a loop while booting or the screen just goes black. SO then i switch my HD from primary to master and vis versa, and try to boot with another partition, but that doesnt seem to work either. doesnt want to finish loading windows.. So then i unplug the bad HD and just boot from the other HD and it works, except now i do not have any network options ( which means no internet or anything of the sort ). Also, during these past few months, both HD have been suddenly rebooting on me while in windows. It is very weird and i have never encountered this problem before with any other computer. Well if any of you have any suggestions on how to fix it, i woudl appriciate it.

I have 2 partitions on each drive, one with the OS and the other with music and such. So i was wondering if it is possible to format the C drive and then install windows XP on it again, and then still beable to use the D drive? I need the stuff on the D drive because i have school work on there too. So if anyone knows how to fix my problem, thanks!!!!

raven

Go to Western Digital and download their diagnostic utilities first to find out if the drive can be repaired before you reformat. It's no use if the drive is bad and finding out by reformatting. If the malfuntioning hard drive is still working try to take off all that you need from it and put it on your other hard drive.

ok, so my HD has started booting again.. so i just dl'ed the diagnostic tool, and will try it out. But i coudlnt have used the diagnostic tool before because it woudlnt let me boot with the bad HD on. i had to take it out to make the pc boot.. it was weird.. liek a virus or something.. who knows

raven

Back