• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp boot cd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j2me_tech

hi,

i copied the whole windows xp from the original cd into my harddrive, just now when i tried to burn everything back to a blank cd expecting it to works like the original winxp cd(i thought it can use as boot cd b'coz i want to reinstall my windows), I'M WRONG. i set the 1st boot device to my cdrom, but no go. i cant detect the blank cd that i had burned as a winxp cd. any idea?

yes, just search on google for a guide to make winxp bootable, I use nero for it. you will also need a winxp.img file to make it bootable. the guides online have all the info. while your at it search for slipstreaing guides, it would make your life alot easier

Use a copy program that copys 1:1, not just the files on the cd. I like clone cd. If u only have one cd-rw drive and no other cd u can still copy to the hdd first then to a new cd.

Back