• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Sandra Readings 125C???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gecko

Registered
At idle board is 30C and processor is 40C.
When I start the burn in test it immediately stopped the first 3 times saying the power/aux temp was between 90 and 105 degrees C.

What exactly is the power/aux temp measuring?

I have an AMD 2200 amd hsf (I know i should upgrade, but i'm building this for a friends dad to listen mp3 on) on a Shuttle AK38N mobo w/ 512 ram.

There is an exhaust fan on the top of the case, and an intake fan on the side panel blowing straight at the processor. The air from the exaust fan is always cool.

Would there be a big difference in temps if I added a rear exhaust fan to this setup?? Any guesses?

Thanks
-Pete :eek:

Ok... I got the burn in wizard running... board is staying at 35C, cpu staying right about 42C, but the power/aux thing....
Run 1 = it didn't even show up
Run 2 = 37C
Run 3 = 41C
Run 4 = 16C :rolleyes:
Run 5 = 60C and stopped the wizard.

Is this just a faulty board or what?

what proggy you using to monitor temps? that sound like the strange readings I get off my winbond diodes and the winbond 3 sensor in mbm5. is there an option to disable monitoring that sensor?

I don't know.

I do know:
90F = 32.222 C
105F = 40.555C

I don't think that's a coincidence either ;)

Bet you looked at F

Have a nice day! =)

I was looking at the temps in Sisoft Sandra.
I know I was looking at Celsius for sure. The graph in Sandra even showed the big changes.

Has anyone else had problems with Sandra's temp readings?

Honestly I didn't know Sandra had anything like that.

Show of hands for everybody else that didn't!

Don't worry about sandra... Your computer wold lock up if it hit those teamps.

Yep im having simmilar problems, with my WC my bios, mbm5 and asus probe say that my cpu is 24°C idle, while sandra says its 90°C!!

Ben721 said:
If it's just a cheap system, why is there a need to burn it in?

How is it cheap? And burning in has nothing to do with whether or not it is a cheap system. Burning in helps system stability after overclocking...and possible allow you to go further. Shuttle makes good boards from what I hear.

As for the temps, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I get temps on Sandra ranging from 3C to 59C. There is no way these can be right. Just disregard these temps, but I wouldn't set the maximum to stop the burn-in any higher than 60C.

Ben721: If it's just a cheap system, why is there a need to burn it in?

Its not that its a cheap system, its just a comp that I am building for a very good friend's dad. I really want it to be stable and reliable.

I stand behind my work so thats partly it, and the other part is I don't want to be having 20 tech calls from him or driving over there to fix anything ;)

Is there a better prog to view temps with than using the mainboard monitor in Sandra?? I d/l'ed MBM5 and probably didn't spend enough time with it, but couldn't find the info as to wich sensors to use with the shuttle ak38n board.

Thanks again,
Pete

What motherboard is it? some motherboard manufacturers have a monitoring software with them on the motherboard cd, try installing it and checking, also you could compare it with the bios.

I got the same thing, 124 c. Like they say above, comp would crash if that was true.

I'm going to stress again how irrelevent motherboard temp reportings are. Yours seem to be off by an insane degree, but even those that are more accurate don't mean much. They have nearly nothing to do with stability, unless you have very high temps, so high, they wouldn't even be encountered on a stock HSF. Let stability be your gauge, and disregard temps altogether. Run Prime95 for a good 12 hours, and if it passes everything will be fine.

Back