• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marl65

I have recently got my nf7-s v2.0 up and running but I am having several issues with drivers that I have been attempting to figure out for the last 3 days. I am also running WIN 98.

1. When I install the Abit cd that came with the mobo and I attempt to do the autorun to install all of the drivers off of it on to the hd I get a message "could not start, file oleacc.dll is missing". So I found this file off of the web and just put it on the desktop for lack of any better idea where it should go...same issue still. So I manually explored the disk and installed all of the drivers per their individual (sp?) setup programs, which did solve some of the driver issues. But I think that this message that I am recieving might play part to the rest of the issues that I am having.

2. Under the network adapters section of the device manager where "NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking adapter" is located I am recieving a message that states "The NDIS.vxd, NTKERN.vxd device loaders for this device could not load the the device driver (code 2). To fix this please update the driver." Everytime I attempt to update the driver I get a "faitle OS Exception" and the damn 'puter quits.

3. Under Other devices PCI Universal Serial Bus I am unable to locate any drivers for this device.

4. Under sound, video and game controlers-NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio I am recieving an error message "The MMDEVLDR.vxd, NTKERN.VXD device loaders for this device could not load the the device driver (code 2). To fix this please update the driver." Everytime I attempt to update the driver I get a "faitle OS Exception" and the damn 'puter quits.

Any tips or suggestions for any of these will be most appreciated.
Thanks for the time and bandwidth.

Marl :cool:

Have you tried windows update? I know for the USB drivers to work in XP you need SP 1. If it was a fresh install you could need to update before the drivers will work.

Jeff7477 said:
hmm....have you downloaded the 2.03 for 98 off of nvidia.com and tried them?

actually I have not. I will attempt them now

Thanks

Marl :cool:

The Blazer said:
The nForce 1 and 2 are only compatible with Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

ok then, that explains my issues then. I am running win 98 not win 98SE. I own win 98SE but it won't allow me to upgrade to it. It tells me that I need to buy the update instead of the actual win98SE disk. Is there anyway of deleting windows without formatting the hd?

I also forgot to include the worst OS ever in the list: Windows ME...

Yes, go in MS-DOS. You can press F8 when it says Starting Windows 98 but you have to be very fast and then select Command Prompt. You could also use a boot disk.

Then copy deltree.exe from C:\Windows\Command and smartdrv.exe from C:\Windows to an other folder.

Use deltree to delete C:\Windows and C:\Program Files (I hope you understand you're going to loose everything in those folders).

It will be very long if you don't have smartdrv.exe loaded, so make sure you load it first, it makes a HUGE difference, I'm talking hours here !

Then just reinstall, that's how I do used to it for Windows 98 SE (now my system is dual boot with Windows XP and 98 SE)...

now I am having this same problem. I just d/ed the 4.20 version of the Nvidia drivers and the network card still won't work. I plopped a kingston NIC in it and can get all the driver updates I want, but nothing seems to get that working. Everything now works except the onboard network card. Help! Oh yeah, I am using win98se and it is a fresh install. In fact, it has been reinstalled about a dozen times in the last week trying to fix this problem.

Back