• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anand Under Fire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting....

But I think every review site is going to be heavily questioned in times like these. No reviewer gets everything right, and they are bound to be scrutinized and even looked down up from time to time. I can't think of a single major review site that hasen't been through something like this before.

Mistakes are made by everyone . Failing to fix 'mistakes ' like this one when the fix is so simple has no choice but to lead to very nasty implications/accusations :

bias

inability to notice that something is wrong/suspect ( poor review technique , ineptitude )

disregard for the readership and consumers

laziness

dishonesty

someonelese doing the reviews :eek:

I know these sound harsh but logic would dictate these to be reasonable assumptions from the displayed review and behaviour . many sites have been shown to have made mistakes as have many reviewers ( 1 reviewer does not normally make or break a site alone ). The problem is where a mistake shows lack of knowledge or technique which frankly should preclude one from being a reviewer until you upgrade yourself . And even worse , where no matter your knowledge or skills you can be found to have a character flaw ( cheating , bias , bribes , misrepresentation etc ) which directly questions the validity of anything you say or do in that particular field . Recovery from that type of transgression is much harder .

The article has finally been updated , but the erroneus parts haven't been redone and the comments referring to the previous graphs are still there .

the only reviews i look at and trust are well.............. some of the stuff on overclockers.com is pretty interesting. i used to read and trust reviews on yes, pleas dont flame me for this one but [H]. i dont anymore though. i dont like them. i dont like that kyle guy either.

of course i trust O/C but we have next to nothing for hardware reviews.

they do have interesting articles though. stuff like biuldin your own case and painting your mobo. I liked that one. i might do that if i have alot of money or if im ready to upgrade anyways.

ya most place like anandtech, toms hardware, and hardocp kinda do it for the money and for which company pay them the must to get people to buy there hardware. The best reviews is the ones you do your self and see the difference between hardware but that can cost some money to do.

I just use this forum to get my "reviews". I'd rather see what people get in the real world then seeing what some site gets in a lab (so to speak). I don't look at many sites for reviews anymore except overclockers.com

You think hardware companies would send me cards (not to keep of course) to test if I was going to submit a review for ocers.com?

I've got some spare time to kick around and would love to do a real review. I'm just lacking the fundage to buy the hardware.

I'll refrain to comment on anandtech's credibility... I'lve always used anand et al to point me in the direction on where to go, and then turn to forums like these to get some info, and finally stir it all up with my feelings / instinct on what to get.

So read up on 5-10 reviews from different sites, use the most commonly shared oppinions, check out what the plebs say, and then go cash in your chips :)

Flix

Back