• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 1.8A Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merkor

Hi,

just wondered what temps you all are getting with the Intel stock cooling. I use some ShinEtsu thermal grease (similar to Coolermaster Premium) and I have idle temps at 39-40 degrees C. and full load 44.

My mainboard is idle at 32 and full load 37. Temps do not change when I overclock to 105MHz FSB (1.9GHz). I have two case fans which brought down temps 3-5.

I have Windows XP Pro, so the HLT-command will cool my CPU down when not in use.

But I see that some do have idle temps of 31 for their CPUs even at a higher clock!

In this thread http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=773188&STARTPAGE=1 there are people reporting this:

"Mine runs 30-32 idle.. at 2.5Ghz and default voltage (from 1.6A Northwood using Intel retail Heatsink)... after 15mins of full load it will jump to 38c temp reading comes from Asus PC Probe 2.16.04 (I think)"

How is that possible?? There are all using Asus boards with PC Probe. It is that why they get that low temps??

Merkor

But how is it possible, to get an idle temp of 31 in Florida, 25 environment and air cooling at that speed????

Merkor

Back