• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can you get the full redistribute version of IE6sp1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I want all the install files, not just the ie6setup.exe. M$ is going to stop sp1 updates for win9x so I want the full install cab file set, etc. I'd like to be able to install IE6sp1 on future installations of 98 if needed.

TIA

Last edited:
you will need a pc without sp1 installed or just uninstall it from your pc first. then go to windows update page and select sp1 from the list. use the custom install option and select all the checkboxes for items to be downloaded. then I believe there is an advanced tab you can open which will give you a checkbox for "download only". select it and a convienent folder to dl it to, and you should be good to go. it will give you instructions on how to install it when the dl is finished. you can also do the same thing for the rest of the updates by enabling hidden folders on your pc. select your updates and begin the dl process. with hidden folders visible on your system, you will find a folder called wutemp...close to that name anyhow right in the root c: directory. while the files are downloading, right click the folder and select "copy". go back to the desktop, watch the dl and just as it finishes,paste the copy to the desktop-you need to be kinda fast with broadband thru all this- once these files are installed, the folder is cleared but not the copy. then you can just double click the icons to install. hope this helps.

Thanx, I may have to give it a try.

In w2k you get no options at all. It's the whole enchilada or nothing.

98, ME & NT give you lots of options.

Why is M$ being so weird about a browser? Just another way of trying to kill win9x.

Back