• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is currently the best AMD board for the money?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

reason i didnt post this on the AMD motherboard forum is that its split up into all those makeres and dosent have a general forum.....

Which is the best AMD board for the money? I am talking best overclock, 8X AGP, the works...

I am willing to spend ~100 dollers but would MUCH prefer to spend less...

ive been told the Epox's are good, but not cheap =/

does the 8rda unlock the chips like the nf7? or is it all nforce boards unlock chips?

One more vote for Abit NF7-S Rev2.0 mobo.

Even though I am using a Asus board now, the Abit one is the best you can get nowadays. It is the only board that you are "sure" to get a 200 FSB or higher.

dont get the abit nf7-s, i got a v2.0 one and this piece of **** wont even go over 200fsb! everytime i get over 200fsb, even with low multi, i get a stupid sound that sounds like a fire engin! dont know if any1 had that prob before, but this board sucks, get an epox for sure!

If you're looking to spend less than $100, then I'd go with one of these three:

(no particular order)

Epox 8RDA+ - I think newegg is still selling them for $85
Abit NF-7 - popular board around here ~$95
Soltek SL-FRN2-RL - Not talked about much, but O/C's as well as any of the above. $95

Honestly, 85 dollars is hard to beat, and the Epox's are nice boards. My second choice would be Soltek.

haha, you guys are always so great. i would probably get the epox 8rda+ or the 8rga+ if you want to overclock a little bit higher and need the onboard video.

arnoldma said:
dont get the abit nf7-s, i got a v2.0 one and this piece of **** wont even go over 200fsb! everytime i get over 200fsb, even with low multi, i get a stupid sound that sounds like a fire engin! dont know if any1 had that prob before, but this board sucks, get an epox for sure!
looks like some1 dont know what they are doing or have a defective board :)

wannaoc said:
Umm Noxion, thats what he said, so in his opinion the abit board is no good, no need to flame him.
i wasnt flamming him, i just think he gave up on it to easy. I bet its not the board thats the problem i mean tons of people are over 200fsb. besides i used a smily i was not flamming.

NoxioN said:

i wasnt flamming him, i just think he gave up on it to easy. I bet its not the board thats the problem i mean tons of people are over 200fsb. besides i used a smily i was not flamming.

hmm i'm just giving the guy what i thought of the board, and for your information i didnt give up on it easy, i've tried 3 CPUs which i know go at a certain speed with 200fsb, but if i up the fsb, and lower the multi so the total speed is LESS it still won't boot. also chipset voltage + ram voltage all boosted / ram timmings lowered. trust me i've tried everything other then a vdd mod, but i don't belive that'd help if i only wanted 204fsb?

please don't act arrogant and talk before you know the facts... thanks.

Back