• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My date and time are messing up!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

MY date and time are messing up and i do not have a clue. Like i will go away for a while and when i come back it is august 6 and 3am...how do i fix this..i checked for viruses and found nothing....what is wrong?

If it is happening while the system is on and not experiencing spontaneous reboots, it is probably not the battery.

You may have a dying mobo, unfortunately.
I had this (and more) problem with a laptop last year nad many of the problems were traced to faulty components on the board.

You could just download and install RocketTime. You can configure it to automatically check and correct your computer time. You can set it anywhere from 1 hour to one a week. I use this on several computers, even servers, that I want to keep accurate time on. I also use it on a K7S5A board that doesn't keep good time (strays by a couple seconds or minutes a day.)

There are many programs that do this, but I have found that many of them have spyware in them. I like RocketTime, because it's free and spyware free.

cmcquistion said:
You could just download and install RocketTime. You can configure it to automatically check and correct your computer time. You can set it anywhere from 1 hour to one a week. I use this on several computers, even servers, that I want to keep accurate time on. I also use it on a K7S5A board that doesn't keep good time (strays by a couple seconds or minutes a day.)

There are many programs that do this, but I have found that many of them have spyware in them. I like RocketTime, because it's free and spyware free.

If you have Win XP PRO, it does it for you once a week or so and you can set it to a gov site with a nuclear clock and be right on the money.

kagee108 said:

If you have Win XP PRO, it does it for you once a week or so and you can set it to a gov site with a nuclear clock and be right on the money.

U also can do this in XP home. :)

XP just checks and corrects it once a week, though.

If it is really off, it may need to be corrected more than once a week.

Back