• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with O/C XP2500+/A7N8X-X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spAm^bOy

Hey, I'm new to these forums and to overclocking for that matter and i'd like some help tweaking my new system!

Here are the specs of my new rig:

Althon XP2500+
Thermaltake Volcano 11 CPU Fan
Asus A7N8X-X mobo
2*DDR400 PC3200 Kingston CL2.5 RAM
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600PRO 128MB
Aopen H600B 300W ATX Tower

I'd like to know if there are any members of these forums with a similar rig, and if so, what are u safely pushing out of your system?

I'd also like to know the exact values of each parameter in the BIOS that I need to change...

Cheers in advance for your help

spAm^bOy said:
I'd also like to know the exact values of each parameter in the BIOS that I need to change...

Even though someone may have a rig with the same components it is highly likely your rig won't show the same behavior at a high overclock, too many variables. Best you learn the processes needed for overclocking and work your way up to higher speeds through those.

Welcome!! :cool:

If you want to maximize the overclock potential of the CPU, get a SK7 (economical ~$20) or even better a SLK-800U (~35), plus a adjustable high CFM fan (75+ CFM, e.g. TT SF II or Vantec Tornado with VR mod).

I just did a comparison between a SLK-800U and a Volcano 7+/Vantec aeroflow with TMD fan based on their thermal resistance, with max die temperatre at 50 C on a Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C (should get similar result for a 2500+). The calculation shows that the different between a SLK-800U and a Volcano 7+/aeroflow can be as much as 200-300 MHz.

Link: Comparing different HSF's and impact of ambient temperature on max CPU frequency, Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C 2.5+ GHz air results (page 6).

Volcano 11 has even higher thermal resistance, and the differenet in CPU clock would be even more.

Last edited:
Back