• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone here with a linksys router help me out please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

i ordered a linksys befsr41 from amazon and when it came i plugged it in it started making this high pitch electricity sound.. then i sent it back and i got a new one.. but this one does it too! but it gets quieter when i plug ethernet cables in there but WTH!?

does your linksys do that too? cause 2 in a row seems suspicious to me

o yeah and i borrowed my friends dlink router and it doesnt do that and my old netgear doesnt do that either..

max

Umm, must be a bad batch then. Send it back and get a new one, and let them know what the problem is. Sounds faulty.

I have the same router and it is dead silent ;).

Lt. Max said:
i ordered a linksys befsr41 from amazon and when it came i plugged it in it started making this high pitch electricity sound.. then i sent it back and i got a new one.. but this one does it too! but it gets quieter when i plug ethernet cables in there but WTH!?

does your linksys do that too? cause 2 in a row seems suspicious to me

o yeah and i borrowed my friends dlink router and it doesnt do that and my old netgear doesnt do that either..

max

that sound is the fan on the CPU Pentium 60, mine makes a slight whistle, but nothing crazy :) I got mine from Future Shop here its a big company thet dont see crap, i guess they just put fans on certian ones.... unbless they've al lgot them and soem are quieter...

ddr-piii.. its not a fan cause the pitch changes when i plug in cables into the back of it.. it is annoying the crap out of me so i hope amazon can fix it or else ill go elsewhere

max

hmm.. the strange thing is now that i was testing it out.. it doesnt make noise when i turn it on in the morning (cant bear sleeping with the sound of a mosquito in my ear) and it doesnt make the sound til it turns on.. so today i put my house fan blowing on it and the whine stops once its warmed up.. quite strange

Back