• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vid card for $269cdn, less preferrably, and how do you tell if a 9500np will softmod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooah

vid card for $269cdn, less preferrably, and how do you tell if a 9500np will softmod

so far i've seen a ATI 9600 pro in retail box on ebay and some cheap geforce FX5200.

for games all i really play is F1 2002, NHL 2002 and blackhawk down so i don't need like a 9800pro or anything. but what would be a good video card for those games that aren't that graphic intensive.

choices so far are:

ATI 9600 PRO (retail) $269

ATLANTIS RADEON 9500 128MB DDR *OEM* $239 (no guarantee's it'll softmod, although if it dosen't i guess i can always sell on ebay)

ASUS V2980TD GEFORCE TI4200 $200cdn

MSI GEFORCE TI4800SE $233cdn

i know these are all overkill for the games i play but i do want something half decent to go with my new system. i was leaning towards the 9600pro as odds are not that good the 9500np would softmod.

any ideas' which one? or what are some signs of the 9500np that will softmod?

nono, i need to know if there is any way to tell if it would work before i get it. i can't take it back cause i'm ordering online. if it dosen't work its ebay bound, but because i don't play **** that really works a video card i was wondering which of those 4 i should get or if anyone knows other cards that are good for like no more than $140us or $269cdn

i know if the 9500np softmod works i'll be laughing for $233cdn

Sorry hoah but there is no way of telling if a 9500np will softmod perfectly until you actually plug it in and try it for yourself. As long as the 9500 has the correct 9700 pcb layout ( the ram should be in an L shape not just straight across the top ) there is always a chance it will work and sometimes even if it doesn't the artifcating will be mild and very acceptable. I would choose the 9500np out of any of those cards even if it doesn't accept the softmod because normally they will overclock extremely well. The only gripe I have with your selection is the card maker frankly I would go with sapphire they are normally the most oc friendly of the brand names.

thanks, i decided to go with a ati oem 9500np. i'll see if i can softmod it or what its overclocks are like now that i have all the stuff i need for my system. i'm going with:

2.4C
abit 1C7
1x512MB Corsair XMS3500
80GB Western Digital Hard-Drive with 8MB Cache
Turbocase X-dreamer case (can hold 8 fans!!!)
ATI 9500np

should be better than my AMD 1600XP+ :D

Back