• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A bit of a scare, and some side effects?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CalsonicGTR

I took my whole system apart today to clean off dust and stuff today. After reassembling everything, I went to power up the system, and immediatly notice the absence of the high pitched whine of the 60mm Fan on the heatsink. After about a second, I immediatly powered down, and found that the 3 to 4 pin adapter had come apart. After plugging the fan into the fan header, i rebooted and found that everything was running. After about 5 mins, the monitor started turning the screen tealish (Whites were teal, Reds were blacking, and so on...) Is this because the processor had no cooling for that second, or is it something else?

Nothing else seems to be going wrong at the moment. I dropped everything to stock for the moment so the CPU doesnt go over the deep end right now. All the fans, including the GPU fan, are in proper working order.

It doesnt seem to make much sense. The only other time I have ever seen a similar event occur was when I touched a magnet to my old monitor. I learned not to do that anymore :D

The monitor I am using is a NEC Multisync E700 17" Monitor. Barely a year old. It would be really unfortunate if it died, since I really have no cash for a new monitor and my planned upgrades.

I doubt that you would have damaged your CPU that fast. It is probably the monitor. Or the video card may not be in completely.

Thank You,
Daniel

Yea, try reinserting your vid card making sure that its inserted all the way.... if it still does it, check the Pins on the monitor's cable that hooks up to it, see if any are bent or missing.

My monitor did this kind of thing and all I did to fix it was to un-plug it from the card and re-connect it.

:cool:

reseat the video card...it'll do odd things i hear if it isnt in there all the way

(although being the most expensive peice of hardware in my computer i try to make sure it's running perfectly)

Well, I went and reseated the video card, and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the advice all :)

Back