• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wholesalers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TinyTim

Registered
I am looking for a place that sells exclusively to resellers, or at least gives great discounts to resellers. A consultant that I work with on occasion does a lot of reselling, but his suppliers are mainly retail dealers. So while he does get low end retail prices and doesn't pay tax, they are still retail prices. Does anyone know where I can get better pricing than newegg or even pricewatch if I buy in quantity?

Not particularly. In low and moderate quantity the normal distributors are not that low, but you can try them. Synnex, Tech Data, Ingram Micro. You can also check the Intel Dist list, and I guess AMD has a list too.

The advantage you get is service, well, at least fast returns and replacement (with Intel parts anyways).

I have tried this my uncle has a wholesale license and I just cant compete with places like newegg,svc, etc etc. You have to buy like palettes of stuff anyway best thing to do is call places and ask about resale information

I recommend ASI, and if you ever purchase in any great volume, MA Labs is good. You might check out Evertek.com, too. Neat little site with all online inventory. Of course if you buy in any great quantity (say 30-50 motherboards/month) many of the Taiwanese manufacturers will sell directly to you, however you can often get the same prices buying from a wholesaler or retailer.

ASI is a horrible distributor, most of the prices they offer I can get better prices of newegg and almost all online retailers. I have pointed this out to them and they still don't change my prices. Needless to say I have never bought from them. I say this about the southeast division of ASI, the west coast one may be better though, I don't know.

Ma Labs is another crap distributor, they make you pay first before shipping, which is not unusuall BUT they make you mail a check first, unlike good ones that will take credit cards for instant payment. They failed to tell or show this so when I went to place an order there they tell me this then and I lost sales. Well, I was ****ed to so say the least!

If you want a good reliable distributor check out dandh.com. The prices there are reasonable and they give good quantity discounts even when only buying 10 of an item, not to mention they have divisions all over, so I get my orders the next day even with using ground.

I would say try and get your products directly from the manufacturer, it takes a little more doing but is well worth it, I save up to 10.00 on power supplies alone from one company by going directly to a manufacturer. Some will do it some won't but always check. Also try AMAX, they seem to be good and reliable but the packing leaves a little to be desired. I use them for modding items, like Lian Li and Abit.

Well there is some of my info I know on distributors at the moment. I know it seems like alot but I figure it will save you the headaches that I had when starting out, and believe me they will come.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. :)

BUMP

anyone know of any more good distributors?

wannaoc said:
ASI is a horrible distributor, most of the prices they offer I can get better prices of newegg and almost all online retailers. I have pointed this out to them and they still don't change my prices. Needless to say I have never bought from them. I say this about the southeast division of ASI, the west coast one may be better though, I don't know.

Ma Labs is another crap distributor, they make you pay first before shipping, which is not unusuall BUT they make you mail a check first, unlike good ones that will take credit cards for instant payment. They failed to tell or show this so when I went to place an order there they tell me this then and I lost sales. Well, I was ****ed to so say the least!

If you want a good reliable distributor check out dandh.com. The prices there are reasonable and they give good quantity discounts even when only buying 10 of an item, not to mention they have divisions all over, so I get my orders the next day even with using ground.

I would say try and get your products directly from the manufacturer, it takes a little more doing but is well worth it, I save up to 10.00 on power supplies alone from one company by going directly to a manufacturer. Some will do it some won't but always check. Also try AMAX, they seem to be good and reliable but the packing leaves a little to be desired. I use them for modding items, like Lian Li and Abit.

Well there is some of my info I know on distributors at the moment. I know it seems like alot but I figure it will save you the headaches that I had when starting out, and believe me they will come.

Well, all wholesalers have price levels that differ by customer and market segment. Sales people will deny it, but they exist almost everywhere. ASI has different offices that act more independently than one might imagine, too. I dealt with ASI Atlanta, and found that they gave much better prices on most OEM parts than D&H. By that I mean that they had better prices on video cards, sound cards, motherboards, etc. I bought from D & H as well (I think it was the Greenville, SC office I called), but they were more competitive with consumer electronic items (like cameras, printers) and compaq & HP stuff. I bought from MA Labs on COD Company Check terms, and it all depends on your company's credit rating. We'd buy daily from them and one little box would cost between $1500-$5000.

I guess one thing that hasn't been talked about so far, but is probably more important than what company you buy from is the relationship you develop with your sales reps. In most wholesalers, they're more than just order-takers. They will work with you so that you get what you need, and they get what they need. Some reps will help you a lot more than others. I think ASI offers generally lower prices than D & H.

I found AMAX to have really good prices on Windows--they used it as a kind of loss leader--so I usually bought that from them and they tried to get me to buy other stuff along with it.

The most important thing is to have a purchasing strategy in mind when you go to order, and get what you need from the right people. If you're building one system, it probably makes sense to get what you need form a couple/few vendors to save on shipping. If you're building 20, then you can probably throw your net wider to get the best deal on every component.

Remember, if you're a d*** to your sales rep, then they'll return the favor for sure. What was good for the company I worked for is obviously not good for wannaoc's, so figure out what works best for your business.

Back