• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WineX and XFree 4.3.0-r2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titan386

I recently updated my Gentoo system. Among the updates installed was XFree 4.3.0-r2. Afterwards, whenever I try running my games in WineX, all of which previously worked, the X server crashes on signal 11. There seem to be no error messages prior to the crash displayed in the console, or in my log. I've tried running Diablo 2, Warcraft III, and MOH:AA, all of which had similar results. These games worked fine prior to the update.

I've tried both WineX 2.1 and WineX 3.1. Again, I get the same results.

Considering that this problem occured only after I updated X, I'm thinking its caused by this version of X. Is there any way to tell emerge to install an older version, or perhaps the version I had previously?

Also, is anyone experiencing a similar problem?

Thanks.

I really ought to have googled more before I posted this. Turns out, this guy had the exact problem I did, and recompiling my NVIDIA drivers fixed it.

Back