• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply fan problem.?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NebiekinG

Registered
I got an enlight 420W ps. I have no problems with it... it has a dual fan and it seems cool. BUT once you start monitoring... you notice that the fan speed of the PS is LOW... only 1600RPM, the PS it self is pretty hot, i belive in the bios it said it was 48C ... is this normal? I have never looked into PS before.

THx guys

My PSUs run warm, and my fastest machines are only 1.3 GHz and 1.7 GHz. :( 48C may be normal because ATX PSUs are only 70% efficient, meaning that a computer that draws 150W will throw off 64W of heat, which is a lot for a box as tiny as a PSU. I imagine that if the PSU's guts were replaced with a 60W lightbulb that its case would run hot, even with the fans running faster than 1600 RPM.

My 250w Dell PSU(which I've heard is based on the same converter board that is in the 330w Antec Truepowers) runs at 115F(46C) when I load the system by running distributed.net and Fear Factor at once.
Quiet PSUs have slow fans and run hot, it's normal.

i have the same powersupply as you ,but its manufactured for a different company. Same thing though. I noticed mine stay right around 1600 no matter what. It blows out warm air and i would think that if it was dangerous they would speed up.

Back