• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2500+ Barton HELP ME

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renegade132

I have an AMD 2500+ Barton core processor running the Biostar Nforce2 motherboard. my Temp is costantly around 70c. I need help can someone recomend a good heatsink/thermal paste that i can pick up at BestBuy or any other suggestions ... HURRY i dotn want a burnt 2500!!!

Well first of all, if you've installed even the stock heatsink properly, that 70°C is probably way off. With that said, if you don't want to overclock, you should just try reseating the heatsink, and if the temps don't go down, the motherboard is probably just reading too high.
Just about the most cost-effective cooling solution is the Thermalright SK7 paired with a Thermaltake Smartfan II, both of which can be found here. You can also find Arctic Ceramique thermal compound there, which is considered to be the best now.

renegade132 said:
I live in atlanta Georgia ... not many

Thats a joke right...as big as that city is...

But the best thing would be to go to one of your local computer shops and see what they have...

SLK-800 w/Thermaltake 2 smart fan
V7+
V9
slk-700 w/Tt2 fan

are a few that I would req. running on the barton...not too shure how the V7+ and V9 will be on a barton though...but the 800 and 700 would be nice for it...and if you can...get AS3...if not..BB sells antec silver...which is the same as AS1...which is still a lot better then generic thermal past or the thermal pad...

Man, get some Artic Silver III 4-5C drop, also with my stock 1 piece finned aluminum AMD fan I get 55-64C according to the MB thermometer on my Epox 8RDA at 1.675 volts. With my Thermaltake Volcano 9 I get 48-53C at 1.875 volts. Also maximum die temperature for Barton is 85C according to AMD and they aren't lieing. I would persoanlly never let my Barton get higher than 75c.

You really need to change either the heatsink or maybe the motherboard is reading wrong as so many these days do. Either way something is wrong, I never let my Barton go over 50c, if it was running at 70c I would never turn my pc on again. :D

Back