• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a Custom AMD Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nitika

Hey Guys,

I'm Nitika. I'm new in this group and looking for a custom PC Build mostly for YouTube and Video Editing works.

I've made a list of computer components. I'll assemble them from the local computer shop but can you guys recommend me if this build is okay for me?

PC Builder Part List: https://pcbuilder.net/rigs/6FvB9V/

1. Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core, 32-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor, without Cooler ($709.99 @ Amazon US)

2. Motherboard: Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, HDMI, USB 3.2 Gen2, and Aura Sync RGB lighting ($188.34 @ Amazon US)

3. CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 240mm, AIO RGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Rotating Infinity Mirror Design, and Powered By CAM V4 RGB Connector Aer P 120mm Radiator Fans (2 Included) ($126.49 @ Amazon US)

4. Case: NZXT H510 - CA-H510B-B1 - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Cable Management System - Water-Cooling ($69.99 @ Amazon US)

5. Graphics Card: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDRR6 192-bit HDMI/DP Ray Tracing Turing Architecture VR Ready Graphics Card ($339.99 @ Amazon US)

6. RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX, 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz DRAM CL16 Desktop Memory ($68.99 @ Amazon US)

7. Storage: Samsung EVO 970, 500GB PCIe NVMe M.2-2280 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology & 512MB Cache ($86.35 @ Amazon US)

8. Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 750, 80+ Gold Certified 750W Full Modular Power Supply ($119.99 @ Amazon US)

Total: $1,796
Generated by PC Builder on 6th of October, 2020

Please help me and suggest me a better build.
Thank you so much in advance.

It’s an ok build, but two of the components will be obsolete in the next month. I wouldn’t really bother leading a 3950x with a 2060 but if you need the extra processing power then ok. And I get that if you are always waiting for the next thing in technology you will never buy anything.

AMD will be announcing their new processors in the next couple of days on the 10th I believe. I don’t know when they will be available, but soon after and they will be much better for gaming by all accounts.

Also Nvidia have just announced the 30 series cards, the 3060 hasn’t been announced yet but is expected to launch in November.

So I would think about waiting if I was you as we are so close to new technology.

1. The CPU, Motherboard, and Case are all good choices. (EDIT: I agree with BT&D on waiting for the Zen3 release if you are not in a hurry. It should be announced within the month)
2. You have 2 different ram kits. 32GB is about where you want to be so I would look at either a single 4x8 kit of 3600Mhz or a set of 2x16GB 3600Mhz sticks.
3. You should add a video card still. I would wait until the RTX 3070's are released in 9 days and see what fits your needs and price. (EDIT: I didn't notice the 2060 in your list and was looking at the link.)
4. You have 3x M.2 drives but that motherboard can only fit 2. Also I would buy either a single 2TB drive or 2x 1Tb drives. Is there a reason for wanting 3 separate drives? If so you will want to add a PCIe adapter for them.
5. I'm not familiar with that PSU but for the money you can likely get a better unit for less. I generally stick with EVGA, Seasonic, or Corsair only because one of them always seems to be on sale and they offer high quality units. 750W should be plenty of power though.

Just my thoughts.

(EDIT: again I was looking at the link and not the posted list)

I would definitely go for 32gb of RAM instead of 16, given your stated use. Also, Corsair Ram is known for often not playing well with AMD chips. GSkill would be a better choice I think. There are some GSkill products that are tuned specifically to be compatible with AMD.

System looks good, but I would wait for the Ryzen 9 5900x, and try to get yourself a RTX 3070. That would be more bang for the $$.

Back