• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck @ 3.2ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skel

Registered
Can anyone help me out! I'm new at overclocking. I recently bought a 2.4c, Abit IC7 Mobo, Kingston Hyper X 2x256, and Koolance EXOS. I'm currently Stuck at FSB 269 although at 275 I can boot to Win XP, but I cant run any benchmark. Here are my settings:

FSB - 269
Vcore - 1.675 registering @ 1.632 in CPUZ
Timing - Cas 2.0, Ras to Cas 3, Ras Precharge 3, Cycle Time 6
Mem Frequency - 215.3 Mhz
Mem Ratio - 5:4
Vdimm - max
AGP - max

This is the most stable setting i found so far. I tried everthing from upping vcore to playing with timings just so i can bench @ 275 FSB, but none worked. I'm guessing I hit a break wall...

You may actually be limited by your NB chip. The stock Abit cooler on the 875 chip sucks big time. Get a Thermaltake Tiger or mod a Zalmann chipset cooler.

Also, there is no reason for you to run VAGP at anything other than stock. That is not going to help your overclocking unless you plan to run our AGP bus higher than 66 MHz.

You might also be limited by your memory. Try to relax all your timings to one higher value and try again.

Drop your mem ratio to 3:2 and see what happens. Single out your problem area as much as possible. Also as was mentioned there's no need for max agp voltage in your case. It does help at extreme speeds because it's pumping more voltage through the northbridge interface, but you're not there yet.

I tried relaxing my timings and set my 3:2 prior to my first post and still @ 275 i wasnt able to bench. Suprisingingly I can boot to XP @ 275 using 1.6 vcore almost at stock. I think it might be my NB chipset. I'll play around with it and I'll keep you guys updated.

FSB @ 275 set the timings at 2.5-7-3-3 mem ratio 3:2, vcore 1.675. Boot to XP tried benching using sandras POOF! FROZE! Even when I up the vcore to 1.7 still didn't work. I also heard that upping the vcore doesnt really help the 2.4c chips.

Skel said:
FSB @ 275 set the timings at 2.5-7-3-3 mem ratio 3:2, vcore 1.675. Boot to XP tried benching using sandras POOF! FROZE! Even when I up the vcore to 1.7 still didn't work. I also heard that upping the vcore doesnt really help the 2.4c chips.

I have same problem :( But I'm on 262 FSB and not even a notch higher :(

Cpu w/c, modded NB with zalman, open case pretty cold in my room, but Sandra freezes :(

i have EXOS water cooling i guess i need to get one for my NB. I can loop 3DMark03 for 8 hours @ FSB 269 and it will be fine. Running Prime 95 in the other hand gives me about 16 mins then it will post error.

Skel said:
i have EXOS water cooling i guess i need to get one for my NB. I can loop 3DMark03 for 8 hours @ FSB 269 and it will be fine. Running Prime 95 in the other hand gives me about 16 mins then it will post error.

Correct me, but I think that 3dmark is more "NB-intensive" than Prime. So the limiting factor seems to be your cpu, not the northbridge... :rolleyes:

I did hear something about that, how 3DMark stresses NB and also CPU better than Prime. The thing is if that statement is true how come I can do 8 hours on 3DMark03 and fail Prime in 16mins.

I went to a couple of forums and found out that there might be issues between Prime and NB chipset. For the most part Justi from OCA said that if you can run 3Dmark for that long then it safe to say that your Rig is pretty stable.

i'm having a simular problem with my 2.4c. it ran 3.3 and did all kinds of tests (sandra, 3dmark01 & 03, pcmark02) however prime failed after an hour with 1 error. (expected less than .4 got .5)

when i get home tonight i'm going to test the memory, try a 3:2 ratio and basically try everything i can, but i can't seem to find any setting that passes prime. i'm at school right now and i've got prime95 x 2 running at total stock (2.4 with all stock settings just to see if the damn thing is stable stock!)

if you figure out whats wrong with yours, please post it.

atleast you can run benchmark at 275...I cant seem to get pass 269 brickwall. I tried all sort of mem timings, upping the vcore doesnt seem to help..what funny is if I even up the vcore this damn CPU becomes unstable lol how weird is that. You shouldn't even worry about Prime 95 if you can loop your benchmark for hours with out it failing then pretty much your rig is stable.

Skel,

maybe I missed it.....

but did you try 2.8vdimm?????

if not, try 2.8vdimm and retest.

mica

Have you already tried to disable the last 2 settings under Game Performance?
They are: Read adjust delay and Command per Clockcycle.
These default to AUTO, but you should set them to DISABLED.

This has brought my oc from FSB 262 upto FSB 295 !

I also got errors in prime at FSB 262, but after disabling the 2 settings, it now is Prime stable at FSB 295.

Try it....

Mica my vdimm is set at max 2.8vdimm

here are my settings:
Vcore 1.600
FSB 267
mem timings 2 6 3 3
Vdimm 2.8
agp and pci is set to fix
PSB is at 800mhz
cooling Koolance EXOS
Motherboard IC7
Bios ver. 15

okie i can boot to XP at 275 FSB using vcore 1.625, vdimm set to max 2.8, mem ratio at 3:2 and timings set to 2.5 7 3 3, Strap 800mhz, agp and pci i set to FIX. I'm using a Hyper X 3500 2x256 and like Vatt said i disabled read delay and command per clock. I tried benching with sandra and it froze. I'm thinking that i may have a wack CPU lol. Here's my FPO and Batch # 3318A039
Costa Rican Pack date 06/06/03.

Vatt said:
Have you already tried to disable the last 2 settings under Game Performance?
They are: Read adjust delay and Command per Clockcycle.
These default to AUTO, but you should set them to DISABLED.

This has brought my oc from FSB 262 upto FSB 295 !

I also got errors in prime at FSB 262, but after disabling the 2 settings, it now is Prime stable at FSB 295.

Try it....

What motherboard or u referring to? Abit IC-7 right?

Back