• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 8rda+ is dead :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekkism

Registered
Well, i guess my luck was bound to run out....My plans for tonight was to clean all the chipsets(nb, sb, and my radeon core) and put new layer of ac3 on it. And i did just that. Everything went smoothly until i put everything back. Computer boots, but monitor didnt turn on. I tried another monitor and another AGP graphics card, they didnt work. I get the FF message still and my computer worked before I turned it off to clean up the bridges and core chip. I have no clue wat the hell's going on and nothing smelled like it was burning. I even looked to see if there's any broken wiring connections behind and in front of the mobo. I guess all i can do is try to sell it on ebay as is, and buy a 8rda+ v.2 or 8rda3+.. If there's possibly any help, please gimme replies. Thanks.

BTW, i even tried reaaranging my ram, resseting CMOS, all kinds of sh*ts...

Only one thing that if you havn't done I can think of that will help remove power cable from power supply remove battery from motherboard and wait 1 min. Replace battery plug it back up when you hit power button hold insert and tab delete for about 20-50 time's and see what happen's.

well time to look for a new mobo...wat do u guys think,

epox 8rda+ v.2, 8rda3+, 8rga+ (anyone of those) OR

SOLTEK SL-75FRN2-L

i dun care much about the soundstorm onboard sound...just want 200fsb ( or 400...) compatibility and stable

wats the difference between the Abit NF7-S and the NF7? I dont need RAID or SATA, or the soundstorm...if both are version 2.0, would it have the same performance?

guess i'll just get a nf7 v.2 . where's a good place to buy it??

OMG, i did some rigorous testing for the past few days, hot flashing, switching cpu and such..last nite i took off everything from my case. I found out that one of my power connectors from my PSU was ****ed up! Can you believe it?? An antec tru power 480w messed up... now the 8rda+ works great and all that testing and removing the ac3 gunk crap was for nothing...now i have to choose beteween a 8rda+ and nf7 v.2 :)....what to use... if anyone wants an 8rda+, pm me :)

What a funny story hehe. Glad to see that you have to great nforce board to decide for beats are that you keep the abit one LOL

Back