• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Conifugration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Memory Configuration

Hi

Im running the ABIT NF7, and I currently have 2 x 256 mb ddr pc3200 running in dual channel mode. I have an extra stick of 256mb pc2100 ram. Would adding that ram to my system lower its performance? Would it cause the other 512 ram to run at pc2100 speeds? Please help me out, I need to know whether its worth adding.

Thanks

I wouldn't mix such different ram in your system. Find a friend with and HP or Dull computer who might want to buy the slow ram.

You would probably have to drop your FSB from 215 to like 133 if it would even be stable at all.

k,

I'll forget about it then, I need to keep the FSB high so that I can keep my CPU overclocked. With the ram I have now, what timings should I have for best performance? Right now it's 6-3-3-2

THanks

Lower is faster for all the timings excep the TRAS(6) which is ussually faster when higher or at certain numbers ussually 8+ on nForce2.

q149:

just a question about overclocking the CPU

I started with default voltages and worked my fsb up. i got 200, then I raised the CPU voltage to 1.7. How do I work my way up from there, use a low low multi, then what voltages whould I raise at what points? And how do I know when my memory has hit the fsb limit? Also, what ration should I have for the CPU/RAM thing, there are a bunch of them ie. 1/1 1/2 1/3 2/2 3/4 5/6 6/5 6/6 etc etc what one should I use for my system (sig)

thanks for your help

Back