• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best card for under $70?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Save up your money, there isn't a card out there for that price that is better than a Ti200. Save up a bit more and get a Ti4200.

Needs to out-perform a Geforce 3 ti200 64MB.

And if nothing will outperform the Ti200 for under $70, then keep it, as several people have already stated. I don't think a 64MB 8500LE will outperform a 64MB Ti200, as least not noticeably. And I wouldn't accept a graph from THG as being accurate. Save your money for when you can afford something better nan0_man. :D

BTW: Your avatar is awesome R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3. Mischa Barton is a great actress. First saw her in Lawn Dogs and I loved both her and the film, and I recently saw the movie where she is at the girls school sharing a bedroom with the two girls in love with each other. Beautiful movie, and Mischa's performance was enthralling as usual.:cool:

Yeah the difference between a 8500 and a Ti200 will be very small. Even going to a 4200 won't be that big of a performance increase.

Get a used TNT card from out classifieds for $10 or 15. You might be able to find up to a Ti200 for around $40 (I found one for $45) if you are lucky, but any NVidia card that runs of Detonator drivers will be fine and the old ones can be had for VERY cheap from other members.

did ANYONE notice he said he had a

G3 ti4200, not a g4 4200

PS - the g4 ti4200 does outperform the 8500le a little.

Mr.Guvernment said:

G3 ti4200, not a g4 4200

Ummmm nope you're the only one that noticed that.... since it was only in your head. :)

he said uit has to

"Needs to out-perform a Geforce 3 ti200 64MB.

BUAHAHHAA GOOOD CRACK!!>.lol darn margarita's!! ahah - my brain playing trick on me! nvidia has brain washed me! HELP!
I see Ti and BAm 4200 pops into my head!
"

Mr.Guvernment said:

G3 ti4200, not a g4 4200

Considering you had to put anyone in caps and seem to put it in a rude way I figured I had a reason to make this post but anyway maybe you should read alittle closer for yourself. He said he has a GF3 ti200 not ti4200 correct me if im wrong but I dont even think they make a GF3 ti4200.

Yeah, clocked higher.

A G4 ti4200 for $75 (or for cheaper in the classifieds here) would be noticeably faster.

As for DVD playback, a fast 3D card isn't necessary at all. However, AFAIK, the Radeons are able to assist much more in decoding than nvidia's cards, but then that's what I think I heard once.

I have the G3 ti200 64mb OCed a bit and it is a very hard card to out-perform for under 70 buxs, look for something w/ a higher clock then 400MHz RAMDAC.

yeah, they're right, a ti200 isn't worth upgrading to anything under 70 right now

thanks Ron Jeremy, the movie with the lesbians is Lost & Delirious, i loved it, Mischa Barton is not only a great actress, she is beautiful too, Ron Jeremy is a great actor as well, if only Mischa would team up with Ron Jeremy...

Back