• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

psu sleeving

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i first heard of this in here so i'll bring it back.

when you wrap them with either those nylon tubing ones or with shrink wrap how do you get the molex connectors off?

There is a simple tool called a pin extractor that you can purchase at radio shack. if you dont want to dish 7 bucks on that you could use any strong thin metal tool to bend back the retention stands which are located on the side of the pins. Look down one of the molex pins and see if you could locate one of them. Simply put the tool of your choice within the molex tip and bend it back. Your gonna have to do at least one for each pin.

One note make sure to mark the ground cables because they could get mixed up.

a pair of nail scissors does the job of pushing the pins in quite nicely because of the curved blades. :D

trdsw20 said:
One note make sure to mark the ground cables because they could get mixed up.

it really doesn't matter if you mix the ground cables up, they are all connected in the same place. marking them is for just peace of mind, and it makes organizing the power cables into a neat bundle easier.

a couple of tips, when you're putting the sleeving on, it might make it easier to tape the molex pins together so none of the locking tabs get caught on the sleeving. don't rush it! it'll look bad ... as per my experience sleeving mine:p oh and if you're using a lighter to heat the heatshrink, be careful not to heat the sleeving, it melts really easily.

www.svc.com has some nice sleeving for relatively cheap. shipping is minimal, about $.75 for usps, if you don't mind waiting a few days.

edit: and of course, i typed the response without looking at your location... sorry!

From what I know SVC only ships to the US. If your from france or Belgium chances are your gonna have to find another supplier

Back