• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried Hardware (god i hope not)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raybdbomb

Fried CPU and/or MB? Help plz

I was on my computer with a Biostar M7VIT pro MB and AMD XP2000+ when I (dumbly) decided to tweak something. I changed the core temp from 133 to 165, which was the highest setting.

Right after that, i rebooted and it showed AMD XP 2600+ then crashed right away. Now 1 of 4 things happen each time,

#1) No display comes up
#2) I get a display with a lot of gobbly gook memory addresses that mean nothign to me
#3) It gets to the startup screen, still says XP 2600+ and freezes there
#4) I get
Award BootBlock BIOS v1.0.. BIOS ROM checksum error
keyboard error or no keyboard present
Detecting floppy drive A media...
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

Any help would be appreciated, I shouldn't have been f'in around with this computer, it's my gf's dad's! :bang head

Last edited:
for option #4 it responds to my enters, meaning it didn't freeze, which is a very good thing

would resetting the CMOS fix this problem? I just remembered u could do that with a jumper...

The first time you do that sure gets your heart pounding doesn't it?

gotta take overclocking nice and slow:) such a sudden jump in fsb is sure to make it look or even actually fry your stuff

Last edited:
I did that same thing once, weel not as crazy, I was slowly Overclocking my cpu, and decided to just take it way up, stupid mistake. I got the same errors and all. lol. But I cleared cmos and was all good. lol,
and yes it made my heart pound, I was like this bites.
-L_P

welcometotheforums.JPG

HA!! i did the same thing once, well, really i put the fsb wwaaayyy up and forgot about my divider lol. i thought i fried it all. that sure loosend the bowels lol :D

Back