• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOOM III Minimum Requirements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flashfx2

Firingsquad has the minimum requirements for DOOM III. Thought some of you would like to see this. To bad there isn't recommended requirements....

1GHz CPU
256MB RAM
GF1 or Radeon 7xxx series card

Geforce 1? Even for min requirements....I don't think so. Maybe at least a Geforce 2 for min.

I was told the min sys requirements were 1.3 ghz Athlon or pentium processor 256 is a strecth as well as gforce3 with 32MB not a very good choice but doable.....keep in mind if you have these stats it will run like crap..

anyone else

Actually in interviews carmack has said the min requirement will be a gpu. This means that the geforce1 can stay but the Radeon 7000/VE owners are out of luck. Of course it will run like crap on a Geforce 1. When have minimum requirements ever been satisfactory.

I think Carmack meant anything as good as or better than a GeForce I would result in a playable game.

It won't be nearly as pretty as it could be, but it will be playable.

My thoughts on the subject are thet they are probably going to make the display settings with a slider or some sort of selectable thing-a-majig wich will let you use DX7, DX8 or DX9 graphics. I'm not sure about DX9, but a lot of the screenies look like they're using the latest and greatest DX, however, most cards don't support it.

What I'm trying to get at here is that they will probably have a feature on there that will dumb down the graphics insanely to make the game playable on a dinosaur of a computer. It'll probably look like Doom I or II, just with the recreated monsters and whatnot.

Im not to sure and i hear DOOM III requirements are gonna fricken HIGH!..however i think ill be able to run it smoothly...right? (system requirements below)

ehh.... :rolleyes: , no you won't be able to run it but I will (check sig below for what you need).

I think your system is like the upper half of technology right now, I'm sure you can handle doom 3 with at least 320x240 at 256 colo(u)rs... CHILLAX, good friend

-N- said:
ehh.... :rolleyes: , no you won't be able to run it but I will (check sig below for what you need).

I think your system is like the upper half of technology right now, I'm sure you can handle doom 3 with at least 320x240 at 256 colo(u)rs... CHILLAX, good friend

LOL , i knew it lol, its just ya know some ppl on the net are saying massive requirements i hard your gonna need at least 1gig of ram to play ... i mean..i dont ahve a gig ...lol

ah... i'm getting tired of all this doom 3 talk. Can it please stop, at least untill we get a Beta?!?

Thankyou,

FunkDaMonk

I dunno :rolleyes:
Do you think doom III will look tasty on my commodore 64? :D
Im looking forward to this game... i remembered when original doom grabed me :)

Last edited:
whenever DOOM III gets mentioned i always bust out this cartoon for a good laugh

d3hl.gif

Yeah, that pic is so true, the HL2 hype has passed Doom3 hype :rolleyes: :p

Anyway, those min. requirements are true, but it ain't going to be pretty at 320x240.... GF1 can handle the graphical features (except FP-colors) because Doom3 was designed around GF256-chip featureset. It's just that the performance of that chip ain't too good. A DX8-card should run Doom3 satisfactory.

Back