• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

niceguyeddie

Registered
sometimes my computer will just freeze if left alone for a while, like 15-20 minutes. but if i move the molex plug on my main hard drive it unfreezes. sometimes it also freezes when i shut it down. any idea what this could be?

might help if i included some specs. its an enermax case with a 350/w psu. asus a7v8x mobo, amd athlon xp2000 and both of my hard drives are western digital.

Sounds like that one connector is loose and not making good contact causing the hd to spin down momentarily... if you very gently use a small screwdriver to slightly bend the sockets inside the connector it may help. The metal socket is kind of a C shape... bend it to a slightly smaller C shape and see if that helps.

Be careful not to bend the sockets too small though or the connector will have trouble going back onto the hard drive.

Back