• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Production hit for the dumbest of reasons.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
My production has tanked over the last few weeks. I've been noticing that my main rig would lock up after sitting for long periods of time. I'd sit at the machine after work and it would allow me to move the mouse but little else. I'd be forced to do a hard restart. Wake up in the morning, same thing. Sometimes. Not always. It started getting worse and worse so I decieded to look into it.

I saw an error Event ID 11 for a ...\DR5. A quick google search found that this was pointing to a physical drive. After some quick searching on my local machine, it was related to a USB dock installed. It was old and one of the USB header wires was busted but I'd had it for a long time and it seamed fine. I pulled it last night finally. We'll see, over time, if that fixes the issue.

This is one of those 3.5" drive bay memory card readers/USB port things. It's probably over 10 years old and I rarely use it. It's one of those things that I really appreciate having when I need it but I rarely need it. I should have removed or replaced it years ago but I didn't. Having my machine lock up and force a hard restart over this stupid device is not ideal. Hopefully production will go back up.

I also have been slowly working on getting my 1080 back into production in a new rig. I have an HTC Vive that was on my office machine but my office does not give me room to play with the VR headset. Duck and dive right into an office chair and/or cat tree... The cursing would be loud and long. I've taken working parts left from my farm to make one working machine. I finally have all of the hardware installed but I don't have electirc for it yet. I've been working on that slowly. I had cobbled in some wired smoke alarms into a circut that I was going to use for my (eventual) theator room in the basement. I just finished re-running that last night. I then can start to wire up electric for the TV, computer, VR houses, etc. Once I get it up and running, it will mostly fold and then allow for some more serious Space Pirate Training. WOOT!

Last edited:
OK. Now my title doesn't make sense. While my computer did remain up and running over night and while I was at work, it locked up again once I sat down at it. I force restarted it and started working on it again only to have it lock up again. Mouse still moves but nothing reacts to clicks. I forced restarted it again and looked into the error logs and found....
nothing. The only errors listed anywhere was that the machine recovered from a forced reboot.

!!!!!!!

To compound issues, since the stats server went down, I'm not sure how my machine is doing while I am out and about. I looked and I have 0 points for the entire day to include the time of this writting. Others have one or two updates where I have none.

I have some work to do after work but I'll did into it this weekend to see if I find a clue.

OK. Now my title doesn't make sense. While my computer did remain up and running over night and while I was at work, it locked up again once I sat down at it. I force restarted it and started working on it again only to have it lock up again. Mouse still moves but nothing reacts to clicks. I forced restarted it again and looked into the error logs and found....
nothing. The only errors listed anywhere was that the machine recovered from a forced reboot.

!!!!!!!

To compound issues, since the stats server went down, I'm not sure how my machine is doing while I am out and about. I looked and I have 0 points for the entire day to include the time of this writting. Others have one or two updates where I have none.

I have some work to do after work but I'll did into it this weekend to see if I find a clue.
Don't you mean dive? :rofl:

Back