• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We're #7!!! WOOT! WOOT!!!! & 1 BILLION!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
We knew it happened shortly after last weeks update. We moved up to #7 in the world! Thank you everyone for helping us regain some of our past glory. Next goal? Let's get back into the top 5. But that's for tomorrow. Today we celebrate being #7. #7. (For good measure) #7!

We have a new billionaire to congratulate too so read on and let them know we care.

Presently we have no "Threats" and only one "Conquest". NVIDIA (5.9 months) is in our sites. Let's keep the pressure on. Looking at our daily production graph, it appears to be leveling out. When looking at the daily production, I keep thinking that we are *way* off our production totals. The weekly chart shows that we are still doing okay but does show a dip from what we were doing *before* the race. (Note: I'm not talking about the ramp up for the race. I'm talking about genereal production before the race.) Looking at the monthly graph, we are doing very very well. I tend to get stuck in the daily production which shows just over a month's data. This is my mistake because the trends for us is years. Not days, weeks or months. We have been doing this for decades.

I would like to give a big :welcome: to KenSavage who joined the team. Thank you for joining us in the Fold. Note to our newbs. When we post "wtf", we mean "Way To Fold". ;) So to our new friend Ken: wtf!

Our total number of active folders is back up to 52. Good to see. Thank you all. Average ppd for all active folders is 11.6 million. That's a good number.

@HayesK has taken back the #1 spot on the team for the last few weeks. Looking forward to this playing out. :popcorn:

Top 26 are all earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 10 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 60 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 70 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 100 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 150 million ppd.

Now lets get to the important bits.

@DeputyKovacs has earned his FIRST 1 BILLION!!! WOOT WOOT! Welcome to the billionaires club. I mean, we don't have a meeting hall or nothin' but welcome all the same. Please let the deputy know he did something great.

Lowryder just earned 900 million.

@Grub has earned 500 million.

@{PGA}AfterShock just earned 60 million.
@Flamethrower1972 just earned 60 million. Both will hit 70 million soon.

Our newest member just earned his first 1 million! WOOT! Thank you KenSavage.

Alright. My 12 GB of data is nearly downloaded which means that I will have some work to do so I'm signing off. Be well and fold on.

Until next week:
Build, Borg, Recruit.

Last edited:
I'm doing what I can, it's been chilly here again but I made a vf curve for folding, .725v at 1600mhz, gpu temps stay around 73c and the fan noise is tolerable as long as I'm watching youtube or listening to music. My office has 1 of 2 air intakes for the house so I keep the furnace on circulate to spread the heat around lol

I'm doing what I can, it's been chilly here again but I made a vf curve for folding, .725v at 1600mhz, gpu temps stay around 73c and the fan noise is tolerable as long as I'm watching youtube or listening to music. My office has 1 of 2 air intakes for the house so I keep the furnace on circulate to spread the heat around lol
Thats so great. I try to do what I can also.

In three point nine weeks I will reach 100mill.:thup:
16ish hours for me, I built a pc for my step son awhile back and now that he's older he's never home much anymore so I put folding on that pc as well, nothing exciting for parts just a 2080 super and I believe a ryzen 2700x cpu but it's always cold in the basement so the gpu and cpu maintain boost clocks, it shows around 3.6 million PPD. I know when I had that card I overclocked it but I don't remember what I had it at for core and voltage.

16ish hours for me, I built a pc for my step son awhile back and now that he's older he's never home much anymore so I put folding on that pc as well, nothing exciting for parts just a 2080 super and I believe a ryzen 2700x cpu but it's always cold in the basement so the gpu and cpu maintain boost clocks, it shows around 3.6 million PPD. I know when I had that card I overclocked it but I don't remember what I had it at for core and voltage.
Thats great.:love:

Make sure you stop the CPU from folding... it's not doing much of anything. Just have it support the GPU. :)

Make sure you stop the CPU from folding... it's not doing much of anything. Just have it support the GPU.
yeah I did that, the ppd for that cpu isn't worth the heat it adds, I thought about doing that with my ryzen 5900x also but it avgs 450k while it's also being used for basic stuff. What do ya think?

Your call on that. If it's worth it (heat and $) and isn't taking away from that GPU, why not?! :)

Your call on that. If it's worth it (heat and $) and isn't taking away from that GPU, why not?! :)
it has 30 min left on it's wu so I clicked finish and I'll keep an eye on it and see what it does.
Post magically merged:

If you had 2 of them that would rock. I meant the gpus.:)
I wish on another 2080, I do have room for it lol I also have a 980 still packed away in this house somewhere along with an old 8800gt akimbo but I doubt that old thing is worth the noise those fans produce.

it has 30 min left on it's wu so I clicked finish and I'll keep an eye on it and see what it does.
Post magically merged:

I wish on another 2080, I do have room for it lol I also have a 980 still packed away in this house somewhere along with an old 8800gt akimbo but I doubt that old thing is worth the noise those fans produce.
Use the 980.How many PCIE slots do you have?

Use the 980.How many PCIE slots do you have?
my main rig has 2 x16 slots and the one in the basement has the same, I would put it in the basement since it's cooler and I wouldn't have to listen to it, I looked for it when my 1080ti turned into pcie arc welder years ago but we had so many boxes of misc stuff when we bought the house that nobody remembers which one it got stashed it. I guess I'll go treasure hunting in the attic and see if I can find it.

my main rig has 2 x16 slots and the one in the basement has the same, I would put it in the basement since it's cooler and I wouldn't have to listen to it, I looked for it when my 1080ti turned into pcie arc welder years ago but we had so many boxes of misc stuff when we bought the house that nobody remembers which one it got stashed it. I guess I'll go treasure hunting in the attic and see if I can find it.
I am Shure :) you will find it.

Back