• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From crunching to folding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wibarm

well after crunching for last two years i've hit the 1500 WU mark, and i've decided to give folding a try for awhile, just dont' tell the Seti team hehe...

I'm using EM3... i'm still tyring to get it to work right, if i just start it up no fodling is accomplished, i have to start the FAH3console seperately and then it shows up in em... is this normal, or what is the prefered method of folding... it's late.. i'll look into it more tomorrow ... sleepy times...

WELCOME TO FOLDING TEAM 32 !!!

You can setup EMIII to start the Folding client for you. On the "General Info" options screen, you need to put a checkmark next to the Folding client located on your computer (not any networked computers you are monitoring). You will also want to put a checkmark next to "Use Extra Launch Command" at the bottom of the screen. Then type "-advmethods" (without the quotes) in the space next to the checkmark. Then on the "General Settings" options screen, you need to put a checkmark next to "Launch F@H on Start-up". This should setup EMIII to automatically start the Folding client everytime EMIII is started.

Thanks that's what i was doing wrong and i coudln't figure it out for the life me... just had to check the little box.. hehe.. now to get my divx machine(650mhz) folding... and another motherboard for a newly aqcuired 2200+...

Back