• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on putting cheap system together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

OLD SKOOL gear feedback needed

I can buy the gear below for what I think is a reasonable price, as the mobo is a new one via RMA and the P3 1 GHZ is still shrinkwrapped with retail fan sink , the pc133 (512 worth ) is used. Trying to put a system together for wife

I am hopefully gonna be accepted on an offer of about = of $140 US

Is it failry decent , I have not read about the P3 1 gig chips in a while, can it be overclocked a bit, and it is the 256 cache version

ASUS CUSL2 s370 mobo, P3 1GHz NEW, 512M MT PC133 SDRAM

I will add a Asus V7700 Geforce2 GTS VIVO to the above I bought today in mint shape retail box , glasses , software the whole bundle for $30 US

feedback if you have the time for old skool gear, should serve the wife fine, for occasional lan and video editing/photoshop

Cisco KId

Last edited:
The 1ghz is a coppermine. The coppermine being the last P3 on .13 technology. Most people get 1.1 out of them on stock voltage, but they can't really do anything over that without exotic means.

although i am an intel guy. picture this:xp1700 $40 (the right stepping will easily oc to 2.3-2.5) nforce2 board $75 ,512 pc3200 $80. for around 190-200 you can have a setup that will rival a p4 3.0 in performance. again the choice is yours, but for pure price vs performance, this setup is simply phenomenol.

Back