• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my new rig, need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackjohnson24

Sup, I just got my new rig in, asus p4p800 deluxe, 2.4c L321A maylay. I have some questions, as im switching from amd.

1. Do i put the artic silver on the cpu like i did on the amd. Do I spread it all over the silver top of the cpu?
2. Will my slk-800 heatsink that i used for my amd rig work with the p4, or do i need to by a whold new heatsink.
3. Can i attach my vantec tornado 80mm fan i used on my amd rig on the retail heatsink if i cant used my slk-800?
4. And finally, what kind of overclock can i expect using my 512mb pc3200 corsair ram, i only have 1 stick, dont have money right now to order the dual channel pair of geil pc4000 yet, probally end of the week. Like, how high of an fsb will i be able to get?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

1. put the thermal compound on the heatspreader (silver top)
2. they use different mounting systems, you will probably have to get a mounting kit
3. possibly
4. it all depends

on my 2.4c l320 malay, im hitting 280 fsb rock solid with pc3500 geil ultra platinum

Back