• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Linux 3.03 client...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

I've finally gone the way of the penguin again on my main workstation and I want to get SETI up an running TONIGHT! I know someone must have it... Also, are there any guides on getting it configured?

EDIT: I got it! Google!! :D Still need some tips on optimum configuration, auto start script, etc.

Last edited:
Optimum configuration would be in hardware - same as windows. If you need to start the client with a proxy switch or something of that nature you can automate it a little by making a simple bash script. Do the following at a command line in your seti directory:
type vi and hit enter. Hit the insert key and type this:
"./setiathome -proxy x.x.x.x:5517 -nice 19 &" Hit the escape key, followed by a colon and w, then a space and a name for your script, then hit enter. It should save the file. To exit type a colon and q then hit enter. Now make the script executable by typing chmod -x filename and hit enter. Now you can start seti with all the switches you need by simply running your script. Using the amerpsand in your script lets you run it as a background process, so when you run your script you can hit enter and you'll be back at the command prompt with seti still running.

Back